How do I get the latest caches in my area?

Hello all!

I was wondering how I can get the latest caches in my area ( CT ). I currently get the notification from: notify.9HPX@geocaching.com but there are people that have already logged their find. It gets to me a few days too late. Is there another way to be notified? I'll never be the first finder this way!! Thanks for the help!

I have my home long/lat listed in my account file and that way the caches are listed with the closest ones first. Then I check the nearby caches in the morning and look for the ones with a "new" flag in front of it and nothing in the "latest find" under the cache name. Only takes a minute or two and will give you a chance to be first.

Thanks for asking this question. I've been wondering myself.

I was FTF this morning but I nock that up to pure luck, and that the fact that the cache was in a "week-end" type area if you know what I mean. It felt good as it was my first FTF. I snagged my first signature coin. Now I feel smug. icon_biggrin.gif

OG

Prophetically Challenged