Virtual Caches

dogdoins

After reading the "Lame Virtual Caches" Post in another forum, I thought I might suggest this idea.

But first, my thoughts on virtual caches. I haven't done one. I'm not interested in them. That doesn't mean that I think that they are lame. A cache is a cache. It's all about the hunt. Unless you're an Admin!! The Admins here have treated me fairly and educated me about hiding caches and made good suggestions. They very rarely come over and slash my tires.

Now, on to the meat...

Virtual travel bugs!! We could place them in caches and have them do their thing. An example would be that you would find a cache, email the hider with the information and describe the non-existent (physically) travel bug. You would then take ownership, virtually, and move it along. Virtually!!

I think that it's time that we take this game to the next level. Who's with me??

By the way, I'm insane.

Dogdoins

quote:
Originally posted by dogdoins:

Now, on to the meat...

Virtual travel bugs!! We could place them in caches and have them do their thing. An example would be that you would find a cache, email the hider with the information and describe the non-existent (physically) travel bug. You would then take ownership, virtually, and move it along. Virtually!!

I think that it's time that we take this game to the next level. Who's with me??

Matt, I don't get it...??? icon_confused.gif

This Isn't rocket science...

587_1100.jpg

*laugh* I like the idea... now lets see how many people could manage to keep a virtual bug moving along. If appropriate information is left in each log, there is a good chance it could work. As long as everyone was insanely careful and detailed with their actions in the logs and stuff. icon_smile.gif

Weird idea to come up with though... you must be quite insane. icon_eek.gif

flag.gif

The Toe Pages

Well if we have virtual travelbugs, then we must have locationless travelbugs!

I see a couple of different options for this. One, we have Groundspeak dump a bunch of tags from an airplane, worldwide. Then... you go find one and report the coordinates.

Or,

You could find an online photograph of a really neat place (a yellow jeep, for instance) and photoshop an image of a travelbug tag onto it.

Any other thoughts?

Virtual and Locationless Travelbugs! This is the new geocaching.

Jamie