A new "twist" and challenge

Guest cfred

OK "hunters" - Besides being interested in geo-caching, I've put in a new "twist" for practice purposes and the sport in-general. I'm a "treasure hunter" using a Spectrum XLT metal detector. For practice purposes with both the GPS III plus and my Spectrum XLT - my wife and I hid a small metal box (none descript), buried it about 6 inches deep in the ground. (She recorded the coordinates and did the digging - I had to go pee). A week later, she gave me the general coordinates of the cache and then I tried to find the cache. First the challenge was trying to get to the general location - then the second was trying to locate the cache with the detector.

End result and lesson learned: Be accurate when recording coordinates and "fine tune" the metal detector before you start. Had lots of fun and I'm about ready to hid my first cache.

In the meantime - tell me what is located at coordinates N40.01.815'- W78.38.418.

Anxious to hear the replies.

Good hunting,

C. Fred R.

In geocaching we don't dig holes in the landscape. perhaps just hiding it under leaves would work. No digging allowed.

Cache you later,

Planet

I feel much more like I do now than when I first got here.

OK, ok so I'm replying to a 2 year old thread. I'm sick and not reading clearly. Who dredged this up anyway?

quote:
Originally posted by CWL:

I can't get into the chat room... Probably cause of the firewall here at work. icon_mad.gif but would there be any other reason?

No, no other reason.

--Marky

"All of us get lost in the darkness, dreamers learn to steer with a backlit GPSr"