Cleaning Out Your List

MaxEntropy

I just found a cache that was at the top of my "nearest to your home coordinates" list for quite a while and the new top of my list cache is much farther away. So I'm wondering how far away you have to go to get to your nearest cache and how many web pages you have to go to to get to unfound caches?

As for me, it is highly evident that I kinda cover my general area pretty well (as I'm sure others do a lot better)..

The first page contains only four caches (4.4miles away to 28.7) that I have not found. I am in a "slacking" period at the moment--Reasons I am not at justice to clarify . The rest of the first page holds the others from 4.4 to 50 some odd miles that I have found. Be it known, I've only found 24-25 caches total and a few (4-5) in other states.

Also one of the four mentioned previously, I had a hand in the hide (the 4.4 mi.), but it was logged by another user so it automatically appears on my "nearest caches". Interesting topic, whether mentioned on other forums or not.

We have one (new) unfound cache on our first page at a distance of 1.4 miles away.

There is one (also new) unfound cache on our second page at 23.2 miles.

Our third page has eight unfound cache ranging from 50.3 miles to 78 miles from us.

Our fourth and final page has 15 unfound cache on it ranging from 79.8 miles to 98.3 miles away.

quote:
Originally posted by Planet:

there are 1071 caches in 100 mile radius of my zip code. So I guess the answer is lots.

Cache you later,

Planet

You are so lucky! We have 36 caches in our area. I have found 6, and hid 3. That leaves 27 caches within 100 miles left for me. I am working on hiding one more, then that will be it for me for a while. I guess I could be a lot more active, but if I finish it too quick, what will be left? I save caching for special days, and just hike-explore most weekends.

Mike. KD9KC.

El Paso, Texas.

Citizens of this land may own guns. Not to threaten their neighbors, but to ensure themselves of liberty and freedom.

They are not assault weapons anymore... they are HOMELAND DEFENSE WEAPONS!

This is a frustration for me. I live on the Eastern Shore of the Chesapeake Bay, a mere 12 miles from a huge mass of caches in the Annapolis, Baltimore, DC area. However, that 12 miles is as the osprey flies across the Bay, but for those caches first on my list, I have a 25 mile drive east, a thirty mile drive north, and a 15 mile drive west, before I can access the nearest one north of Annapolis. In order to find identify the caches nearest to me, it is much easier to use the map "identify" feature...

"All of us are standing in the mud, but some of us are looking at the stars." Oscar Wilde