Travel bugs

moose1961

Ok I have placed two travel bugs.... neither has worked out well.... The first one all I put was the tag (then figured out I should have attached it to something... anyways it has not moved in a long time, I have e-mailed the last person who picked it up several times without a reply). My second one I attached to a small turtle and on the web page on the cache left a note where he was going. Someone picked him up and took him the opposite direction.... I e-mailed this person and well they are going to drop him off and hopefully he will go the right direction. So how am I supposed to do this? Is there a way to actually mark the bug or object as to where the destination is and other important information?

If you mark it with the destination, it does help.

Otherwise finders don't know the goal until they get home and log it...and sometimes home may be in the opposite direction. If it's labeled, people may leave it there if they can't help it on its journey.

Don't worry about any detours on the journey. That's bound to happen. Just watch it and enjoy.

"You can't make a man by standing a sheep on his hind legs. But by standing a flock of sheep in that position, you can make a crowd of men" - Max Beerbohm

Check the Travel Bug forum for more info. Also, additional tags can help. I make laminated instruction tags for my bugs that tell the goal on one side and how to log it on the other. If you would like a word file example, email me and I'll send you one. I have also emailed people on my early travel bugs that didn't have the extra tag and snail mailed them the extra tag to attach. Also, even with the tag, the bugs sometimes go the wrong direction. That is part of the adventure! They also sometimes go lost even with all the precautions. icon_frown.gif

pika waving

quote:
Originally posted by Lerch:

Do a search on travel bugs. There is a guy that made a pdf that you could fill out and print with the information you mentioned. I used it and it was great. I only wish I woulda saved the file.

I think THIS is what you're looking for. I usually end up making them for all the travel bugs I find as well as for the one I've placed. It just plain makes sense.

I also made up some trading card style Bug Cards that I place with my travel bugs. These have a picture of the bug on the front and instructions on the back including the goal I'm shooting for. I've left about 10-20 of them in a ziplock baggie with the bug. That way people have something to keep besides my bug! icon_smile.gif

Bret

"The kingdom of heaven is like treasure hidden in a field.

When a man found it, he hid it again." Mt. 13:44

CYBret's Geocaching Page

quote:
Originally posted by CYBret:

quote:

Do a search on travel bugs. There is a guy that made a pdf that you could fill out and print with the information you mentioned. I used it and it was great. I only wish I woulda saved the file.

I think http://www.xsnrg.com/geocachingwa/asp/travelbugsheet1a.asp is what you're looking for. I usually end up making them for all the travel bugs I find as well as for the one I've placed. It just plain makes sense.

I also made up some trading card style Bug Cards that I place with my travel bugs. These have a picture of the bug on the front and instructions on the back including the goal I'm shooting for. I've left about 10-20 of them in a ziplock baggie with the bug. That way people have something to keep besides my bug! icon_smile.gif

Bret

__"The kingdom of heaven is like treasure hidden in a field.

When a man found it, he hid it again."_ Mt. 13:44_

http://www.flash.to/the-cache

Nope, that's not it. This guy had single side and two sided tags that you could fill out and then print. All I remember was that it was in PDF format. I just spent a half hour searching and came up empty icon_frown.gif

quote:

Nope, that's not it. This guy had single side and two sided tags that you could fill out and then print. All I remember was that it was in PDF format. I just spent a half hour searching and came up empty icon_frown.gif

Ok, how about this page then? Check out the "Travel Bug Passport" PDF document.

Also, here's a picture of the cards I made for my "SpongeBob BugPants" travelbug.

15831_300.jpg

Bret

"The kingdom of heaven is like treasure hidden in a field.

When a man found it, he hid it again." Mt. 13:44

CYBret's Geocaching Page