Geocaching.com Usernames II

Guest T-storm

Guest T-storm

If you haven't already done so, visit the original thread at http://forums.Groundspeak.com/ubb/Forum2/HTML/000524.html

I hope the original poster of this topic will not be offended that I have started a new one. I liked to drop in there, and read the stories of how our handles were chosen, but at 300+ posts, the original thread took way too long to load!

T-storm

------------------

http://www.cordianet.com/geocaching

Guest King Pellinore

King Pellinore is a Knight of the Round Table, known primarily for his dogged pursuit of Glatisant, the Questing Beast, a strange creature that he was doomed to hunt...

quote:
Originally posted by King Pellinore:

King Pellinore is a Knight of the Round Table, known primarily for his dogged pursuit of Glatisant, the Questing Beast, a strange creature that he was doomed to hunt...

Sounds like I need to rename the revenge cache to "Glatisant" then.

Guest King Pellinore

To have a cache with my name on it is a great honor indeed, one which I do not take lightly! As far as I can tell, this is the only cache named for another geocacher, which makes it even More of an honor. Please don't change it.

Guest Misguided One

I was searching e-bay for gps recievers, thinking to myself......"self, why are you doing this?, have you lost your mind?" Then it occured to me that I might be misguided. Not particularly amusing, but it's me.

------------------

Lost? I'm not lost, it's just creative navigation,..........yeah, that's it. Mg1

Guest Atilla the Pun

I'm famous (or should that be "infamous"?) for my bad jokes. I'm also a bit of a history buff, so I've adopted an Internet handle to reflect these two sides of me.

AtP

Guest hgmonaro

good move T-Storm!

I was just scrolling down the list and noticed a few 'mark II' topics and thought that this one needed one too!

These usernames have been a great source of amusement! I must go and have a look at the 'pics of us' thread!

Guest Zuckerruebensirup

When I first came online, it was with a 486 machine (that my hubby had upgraded from a 386). I decided to try out a chat room, and after typing a line and hitting enter, my screen would go blank for up to two minutes...and then pop back up with about 20 new lines having been posted between mine and the time my screen would catch up. So, because my computer was 'slow as molasses' I started calling myself "Molasses Lady". Zuckerruebensirup is German for 'molasses' (literally translated: 'sugarbeet syrup').

---------

"I may be slow, but at least I'm sweet." icon_wink.gif

- Zuck

Guest Zuckerruebensirup

When I first came online, it was with a 486 machine (that my hubby had upgraded from a 386). I decided to try out a chat room, and after typing a line and hitting enter, my screen would go blank for up to two minutes...and then pop back up with about 20 new lines having been posted between mine and the time my screen would catch up. So, because my computer was 'slow as molasses' I started calling myself "Molasses Lady". Zuckerruebensirup is German for 'molasses' (literally translated: 'sugarbeet syrup').

---------

"I may be slow, but at least I'm sweet." icon_wink.gif

- Zuck

Guest Hawk-eye

quote:
Originally posted by raptorrider2001:

I am 62 and ride a 2001 Yamaha Raptor 660 ATV. Love riding the sand dunes.

raptorridersofnorthtexas

Left off your bracket ([) amigo ... but it's not an image file anyway.

Needs to be like this : Raptor Riders

then it shows up like this:Raptor Riders

348_1002.gif

[This message has been edited by Hawk-eye (edited 01 March 2002).]

Team_Macroscopic

As the name implies, our perspective is not focused on a single point, but rather the surroundings of that point, taking into consideration all that contributes to any given task.

That, and just using my name seemed kinda lame!

~macro~

I have been called Superman for most of my life. Soupy, Soup, Clark Kent and anything relating to Superman. I have heard every joke relating to the guy. Its probably because my name is the same as the guy who plays that character.

Soup is just a good shortened version.

-Soup.

------------------

asg2.gif

Guest Zuckerruebensirup

quote:
Originally posted by Hawk-eye:

Left off your bracket ([) amigo ... but it's not an image file anyway.

I think this is the picture he was trying to post (from that link):

ea293784.jpg

Guest sidewinder

My handle is sidewinder and is a old name I used when C.B. radio was the in way of communicating. No real other reason other than it was a handle not already taken. Now I am just a snake in the grass looking for a cache.

Lost and Found dept.

sidewinder

Guest Opus P

Opus P (as in Penguin) was a handle given to me by my roommate in college (c. 1983). He named me after Opus Penguin, the Bloom County character. One of the big jokes was that Opus disliked his appearance, particularly his droopy butt. My rommate said I also had a droopy butt. And the rest is history.

In case anyone doesn't remember Opus or the Bloom County strips, here are some helpful links: icon_smile.gif

Berkeley Breathed (the author) explains Opus.

Sample Strip #1

Sample Strip #2

Sample Strip #3

Sample Strip #4

Sample Strip #5

You can also decode my sig if you're so inclined. icon_wink.gif

------------------

Opus P

Crathvaf Ehyr

Visit my Buddhist Reading Room.

[This message has been edited by Opus P (edited 06 March 2002).]

Guest Opus P

Opus P (as in Penguin) was a handle given to me by my roommate in college (c. 1983). He named me after Opus Penguin, the Bloom County character. One of the big jokes was that Opus disliked his appearance, particularly his droopy butt. My rommate said I also had a droopy butt. And the rest is history.

In case anyone doesn't remember Opus or the Bloom County strips, here are some helpful links: icon_smile.gif

Berkeley Breathed (the author) explains Opus.

Sample Strip #1

Sample Strip #2

Sample Strip #3

Sample Strip #4

Sample Strip #5

You can also decode my sig if you're so inclined. icon_wink.gif

------------------

Opus P

Crathvaf Ehyr

Visit my Buddhist Reading Room.

How did I get my handle? Well, yes, I guess in a way, it could be construed as a knock at those of asian descent and the way they talk. And in a way it is. But, let me explain.

When I was a freshman in college, I had a roommate that was studying intensive english at my university. He was from Japan. There were a lot of people from Japan studying at my university. Well, we all got together, and went to a movie (I don't remember what movie it was) and the previews for Godzilla came on. After the movie, my roommate and some of his friends were talking about the movies and such in Japanese .. but the only thing that I could understand was him saying "Godzirra!" ... They couldn't say my real name very well (Phil), and I guess they felt more comfortable calling me Godzirra instead of Phir ... It didn't hurt that I had a big dinosaur/lizard doll thing on my desk ... So, anyway, I don't know if it was an inside joke on their part, calling my Godzirra, or if it was that they associated me with a big lizard that I had .. but it stuck ...

Godzirra (roar)

I was a big fan of Shakespeare's darkest tragedy while in high school and would occasionally quote from it, as well as simply speak archaic in general. Add to that the fact that I let my hair grow long, and I suppose getting named Macbeth was inevitable.

I added the "Geo" after a year or so in college as a geology major.