Civil War Cache

I need help in setting up a Civil War Cache. what I have in mind is a multiple cache involving the North and the South. I need players from the North to hide caches in the South and players in the South to hide caches in the North. The number of caches will depend on the number of players.

Each side will have a Flagship Cache that the other side will seek. There will be a General for each side and a moderator to keep things fair.

So what i need is players in the South that want to play for the North... And players in the North that want to play for the South.

This cache will consist of many battles. Any ideas that you have are greatly appreciated.

Jerry

Jerry...

Well, I was afraid to make this public, but I am a Yankee living in the South... so I guess I'd make a good candidate for one of your caches.

I'd prefer to play for the South, though... although not because I think "they" were right, but I like the tradition and heritage of the south... plus I like the underdog. icon_wink.gif

Also... I may not have the time necessary to devote to the project. In any case, if you have ideas, let me know and I'll tell you what I can do.

Jamie

Jerry...

Well, I was afraid to make this public, but I am a Yankee living in the South... so I guess I'd make a good candidate for one of your caches.

I'd prefer to play for the South, though... although not because I think "they" were right, but I like the tradition and heritage of the south... plus I like the underdog. icon_wink.gif

Also... I may not have the time necessary to devote to the project. In any case, if you have ideas, let me know and I'll tell you what I can do.

Jamie

Come on guys.....this can be a fun cache. You will get to work with geocachers from around the country. Maybe I confused you on how it will work. Example.....a player in the south finds a cache that contains coordinates to another cache in the south...same with the north. In the end only one side will get to log the Flagship cache.

I need team players on this. i promise it will be a lot of fun.

Jerry

quote:
Originally posted by welch:

i still dont understand how your going to play this....

and im kinda a ways away from the "battle sites" right?

You know Welch,your right, you are out of the traditional battle sites.

What if we extend this to the west....draw a line across the country? I really want to set this up so that geocachers across the country can work with each other on solving caches. Keeping with the Civil War idea, people in the west can still contribute to the cache. Even though the Civil war took place more in the east...there is no reason why you can't contribute. You have a knowledge of the Civil war I'm sure, so....you can still create a cache. The real theme of this cache will be to bring cachers together for a common cause.

quote:
Originally posted by El Diablo:

What if we extend this to the west....draw a line across the country? I really want to set this up so that geocachers across the country can work with each other on solving caches.

i think if you would extend the line you might get more ppl involved, but this is only a maybe...

so do i hide caches in the north? or in the south??

as i said i dont understand the rules, is there a complete set of regulations somewheres??

icon_biggrin.gif

quote:
Originally posted by El Diablo:

What if we extend this to the west....draw a line across the country? I really want to set this up so that geocachers across the country can work with each other on solving caches.

i think if you would extend the line you might get more ppl involved, but this is only a maybe...

so do i hide caches in the north? or in the south??

as i said i dont understand the rules, is there a complete set of regulations somewheres??

icon_biggrin.gif

quote:
Originally posted by welch:

.... what are u talking about??

Let me say it SSLLLOOWWWLLLLYY for you ... El Diablo designs some of the best and most diabolical caches to be found ... they're like crack to a junkie after you find your first one ... so if you take part in one of his cache projects ... you'll have a ball.

How's that?

348_2702.gif

I'm not exactly sure what's up, but I love geocaching and the Civil War (check my profile) so how bad could it be.

You can count me in, just let me know what I need to do. I know the Gettysburg battlefield pretty well. Is that a bonus?

Waiting in anticipation...

Smoochnme

"Give a man a fish and he eats for a day...

Teach a man to fish and he eats for a lifetime"

Let me try to explain a little more in detail. Just keep in mind these are basic ideas....not set in stone.

The number of caches will depend on the number of players. The caches should be of the Civil War theme...but don't have to be in the traditional Civil War area. Lets say we have 10 players for each side. This will create 10 caches for each side that the other side must solve in order to reach the Flagship Cache. Example... There is a cache in Atlanta....when the player for the North finds that cache, he will find a clue that a player for the North will need to find his cache in Charleston, and so on. All caches will have clues that eventually lead to the Flagship Cache.

The first side to find the Flagship Cache wins. All players that played for that team will be able to log the cache. This game can be repeated forever and can also become very large....depending upon the interest in it.

Like I said......these are just basic ideas that I was putting out there. I'm interested in any ideas that you may have. This can be really fun and you will get to work with Geocachers from your area and across the country.

Jerry