Caching Vaction>>>For Real

GeoVamp

I was talking to my wife last week and I decided to take a week off from work and go caching.I don't mean travel-I mean get up in the morning and come back at dark and see how many I can do in a week.My wife will be at work and unless I can find a cache buddy I'll be alone.THAT WILL BE A GREAT WEEK DON'T YOU THINK.I'm hoping to get at least 100 done. icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif I got 3weeks a year got to do something with them.

"Everything's Eventual"-Stephen King

"Maybe isn't a answer,only yes or no"-R.W.Blackburn

[This message was edited by GeoVamp on January 10, 2003 at 09:22 PM.]

During my five-day PaterQuest, I found 35. Of course, at the time, Mississippi only had about 60 caches total, and I'd already found 18 of them.

The sunup till sundown thing wore me out in a hurry. Of course, now it's winter, so you'll have shorter caching days.

Tuesday I'm leaving for a friend on a 3-day caching blitz. We're hoping for 25 finds.

Good luck with your goal. I hope you can keep up.

Jamie

That's not a vacation, that's just a bunch of daycations strung together. Sounds like fun! I'm back at work now so my daycations are only the weekend days. I'm hoping to get 10 or 20 this weekend. icon_biggrin.gif

--Marky

"All of us get lost in the darkness, dreamers learn to steer with a backlit GPSr"

If I was to get 30 caches in one day I would have to cover close to 250 miles, and would have to find and log each cache in less then 10 minutes and get back on the road again. The closest cache to me is 20 miles away, but it is about a 40 mile trip to get there and across secondary roads most of the way (60 minute drive)

Some of us don't live near big cities with 30 caches within a 10 mile drive. Sure I could drive 100 miles to a big city and do my caching there but I prefer the rural locations better.

quote:
Originally posted by rayt333:

If I was to get 30 caches in one day I would have to cover close to 250 miles, and would have to find and log each cache in less then 10 minutes and get back on the road again. The closest cache to me is 20 miles away, but it is about a 40 mile trip to get there and across secondary roads most of the way (60 minute drive)

Some of us don't live near big cities with 30 caches within a 10 mile drive. Sure I could drive 100 miles to a big city and do my caching there but I prefer the rural locations better.

You should try it, you might like it. The last two years we have drove accross the state to the Detroit area on Labor Day weekend for 1 or 2 days of caching. It's a blast going to a new area that's a little different than you are used to. Once you get into the woods the only thing different is the gunfire icon_wink.gif

Rusty...

...the gunfire is in the rural areas not the city!

--------------------------------------------------

Friends don't let friends cache locationless!

Rusty & Libby's Geocache Page

Michigan Geocaching Organization

My wife and I once printed out 30 something caches for a city thinking we'd easily could get all of them. At cache 17 we both burned out on it. That wasn't as much fun as we thought it would be. Too much like work. We could have gotten that many but it didn't matter any longer.

This next weekend we are going out of town to a new area and will spend the night. We are going to look for 5-8 a day at most. That way we can enjoy the area instead of sprinting back to the car.

Now if we spot a locationless cache or two along the way that would increase the total, but numbers aren't that important to us any longer. It's more about the fun.

I hear voices.....and they don't like you!