OT: Excel Web Page help

Jamie Z

I'm hosting a fantasy league, and use Excel to manage the statistics. I'd like to post the Excel worksheets to my webpage, while keeping the color scheme of the page consistent.

However, Excel's help file states:

"Background patterns do not print and are not retained in individual worksheets or items that you save as Web pages. However, if you publish an entire workbook as a Web page, the background is retained."

It looks as though if I save individual sheets as a webpage, I cannot retain the color background that I want.

I've experimented and found that I can simply add a

tag to the HTML file created by Excel... but since I'll be updating the pages periodically, with roughly ten or twelve different worksheet from Excel, it seems rather tedious to go in and manually add this tag to each file.

Is there a way I can globally make the background color the color I want? Either through HTML, or Excel... or any other way?

Jamie

Most commonly, a fantasy league refers to fantasy football or fantasy baseball, where a group of enthusiasts "draft" real players and compete with one another based on the players' actual performance on the field.

The fantasy league that I'm hosting isn't quite as mainstream icon_rolleyes.gif as pro sports, you can check it out here, but it still involves numbers and statistics.

I just wish I could get the data displayed how how I wanted... thus the question.

Jamie

quote:
Originally posted by Jamie Z:

Is there a way I can globally make the background color the color I want?

There is now (I was bored).

Fnwu n ies galu rnseupyu cesf pucieut. Aj yahltu tagu aj sfug nys bhgi - sfuq'lu ajsup tshbupst, jal funwup't tnzu. - Sullq Rlnsyfuss

quote:
Originally posted by Stunod:

Let's see who get offended by this one.

Stunod, I've only had a couple strong negative reactions to the Deadpool. One female friend doesn't like it, but she tolerates it... and as long as I don't mention it, it's not an issue.

And one of my best friends, a guy who I thought would probably love to play, whe went off on me. He was visibly angry. Told me I was sick, and hinted that maybe he couldn't keep a friendship with someone who viewed life so casually.

When he asked me how I'd feel is someone picked me... I told him I'd think that person was a pretty bad judge of who was likely to die, besides, I'm not a celebrity. I mean seriously, I couldn't care less if someone thought I was gonna die... but if they did something to expedite my death, then I'd have a problem.

Jamie