Logging Caches

I've had quite a few of these on my own caches. I can't say I understand it, as they obviously use the gc.com site to find caches, so why not log them on the site too? But that's folks...

The ones that really annoyed me, though, were the couple who visited a cache which had my travel bug in it. They signed the logbook, and took my TB, seemingly thinking it was just another trade item, even though it had instructions attached. As they don't log on the website I have no means of contacting them to try to get the TB back in circulation.

Bill

We posted a thread on this ourselves recently. I'm going to repeat my reasons here why it bothers me. I keep a personal notebook of our finds, what we left and took, etc. I also like to keep track of who picked up what we left and when our item was taken.

On the other side of it. I had seen that someone had left a book that I really hoped to find in a cache not far from where we live. Checked all the posts and no one had mentioned taking it. I was so excited about finding it. Got there and it had been taken sometime back, by someone who didn't log online. Needless to say, that was a HUGE disappointment!!!!

Wish everyone would read your post and get a clue from it! Thank you for speaking out about this! icon_wink.gif

It doesn't bother me. To each his own. I have a good friend I introduced to caching a year ago. He's found over a 100 caches but has only bothered logging THREE of them online. He keeps all his finds logged in a spiral bound notebook and claims that's really all he's interested in doing.

I asked him about it and he says geocachign is just an excuse to get out and explore -- see new places. He has no interest in sharing those experiences with others.

Can't say I understand it. I think part of it is that he hates using computers and isn't very comfortable posting online. (it's all too public for him from what I can gather). I think there may be a lot of folks like him out there.

Jolly R. Blackburn

http://kenzerco.com