Oh boy do I need help. Locationless w/"starting" coordinates?

Hello. I need help please. I am very confused.

I have a locationless cache in the works (please don't swear at me; this is actually a good one I promise).

Cachers who attempt my cache will be searching for geographic items that I know exist in my area. However, I do not know if these items exist elsewhere in the world. Part of the reason for creating this cache is to see if these items do indeed exist elsewhere in the world.

So although my cache will be locationless, I want to include coordinates that would be centric to my area where a few of the items sought are known to exist. Sort of a starting point so to speak.

Moreover, if these items do not exist elsewhere in the world, I at least want local cachers to be able to find them. In order for them to be able to attempt to find the items, I want to post generic local coordinates, so that the locationless cache shows up when a nearby cacher does zip code searches.

Make sense? Please help me. I don't know if I should just go ahead and submit the cache as a locationless with coordinates or not.

Thank you,

Loomis

I think I'd make a decision one way or the other. If you want something for local cachers, then make it a virtual (if there is no place to hide a real cache) with coordinates. Or use the "virtual" aspect as parts of a multi, eventually leading to a physical cache.

On the other hand, if you want to do a locationless, then don't put coordinates for one, unless you want to offer it as an example. In the worst case, if no one can find a similar set of features, you could archive the cache or change it to a virtual/multi.