Travel Bug in the mail?

I know a cacher in Sweden. Would it be bad form of me to Fedex him a TB I found for placement there? Or should I be placing it myself?

Personaly I don't see a problem with it as long as it's destination is not outside the TB's mission. Any thoughts?

EDIT: Changed the subject line for clarity.

from Markwell's Update to the Geocaching FAQ

Speaking of mailing bugs, it is considered "bad form" to mail a bug to another cacher unless the other cacher is starting the bug remotely. The recipient has to be the first person to place the bug in the wild.

But I doubt if anybody cares any more.

[This message was edited by mikemtn on May 12, 2003 at 02:01 PM.]

[This message was edited by mikemtn on May 12, 2003 at 02:01 PM.]

If the bug finding itself in another country is consistent with the goals for it, I would ask the owner via email.

I have seen several bugs being mailed or otherwise transferred to a distant location for release, so it might not be so much different--except that is people who mail or fedex THEIR OWN TB to be released by a co-conspirator....

I know I would rather not see this happen to any of my bugs.

Dave_W6DPS

My two cents worth, refunds available on request. (US funds only)

It's a Travel Bug not a Mail Bug. To me, mailing a bug in the middle of his journey somehow defeats the spirit of the idea of the travel bug, which I always thought was to travel with a cacher from cache to cache.

Mailing a bug somewhere to start it's journey is a different matter.

19973_600.gif

The adventures of Navdog, Justdog, and Otterpup

Thanks for all the answers. It was just a thought, not a plan. I don't actually have possession of a bug that I was thinking of doing this with. It was just a thought I had. Based on the advice here I will refrain from mailing bugs mid-journey. Sounds like the right thing to do.

Thanks again.