G.J.'s - Revisited

Some of you might remember a month or so back that I posted about a group of folks who had posted what I considered to be rude comments about one of our caches in the cache log online.

It began a controversy and some folks even threatened to email the group and tell them of my forum post here! Luckily, Jeremy closed the thread before it got ugly(er).

Well, we met them. At a cache. Something that at the time I was dreading might happen some day. A little over a week ago we noticed a new cache in our area within 30 miles (hey, that's close here!) and it being a beautiful day, we packed up the kids and headed out.

We had no trouble finding the general cache area, but after poking around for 30+ minutes, we were beginning to get that niggling feeling we got during our Geo-Xpedition to Oregon earlier this month (15 cache attempts/only 8 finds - icon_confused.gif ). I explained to Steak that we were staying until this cache was found if we had to camp out to do it... when we heard a vehicle approaching. We always joke that we'd like to meet other cachers on the trail, but we held our breath. As the vehicle slowed near where we had parked our truck, I even speculated who they might be... in dread.

As they parked and it became obvious they were getting prepared to come up the trail on foot, we realized that they had to be geo-hunters, too. As they neared, I recognized them both from photos in their cache logs. I called out that they must be ".... from ....". I heard a tentative laugh, and the response, "And you must be Red!"

From that point it was nothing but fun. We didn't hunt together, but as I watched them, I began to admire their thorough and methodical manner of cache hunting, and their ability to work as an organized team. Steak was standing next to the the wife when she exclaimed, "Here it is!" and pulled the ammo can out from under some brush. She brought the can over to the tailgate of our truck and we all began to peruse the contents.

It was just an overall nice experience, and any negativity I had felt concerning them vanished. My kids both love the wife and she was very generous and considerate of them.

I just thought that it was only fair to report how wrong I had been about them in general and do it publically.

Thanks for reading... icon_biggrin.gif

----------

Lori aka: RedwoodRed

KF6VFI

"I don't get lost, I investigate alternative destinations."

GeoGadgets Team Website

Comics, Video Games and Movie Fansite

geobuttonani.gif

I know the feeling, and I've had it go both ways. The nicest people turn out to be backstabbers, and the rudest SOB's will give you the shirt off their back once you take time to know them. There is at least one regular contributer to the forum's who I swear I'm always 180 degrees from on most of their opinions. If I met em, who knows.