Over 50,000 Caches

"I would say this sport is growing exponentially."

Maybe we should start archiving off some of our not-so-clever hides? And the hides where hunters have worn a furrow to the box. At this rate, the the PNW will be knee deep in caches in a year or two.

But seriously, the quality of the caches does seem to be improving. Anyone else noticed that?

quote:
Originally posted by jeb and co:

What happens at GCFFFF? My GPS will only accept waypoint names up to 6 characters.

See this post by Elias for the most recent administrative announcement about future numbering plans. Lots of threads on this topic!

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

If there's no accounting for stupidity, then why do I need to file a tax return?

quote:
Originally posted by jeb and co:

What happens at GCFFFF? My GPS will only accept waypoint names up to 6 characters.

Didn't know if you knew this but this ? was visited here.

I'm sure the powers that be will have this solved when the time comes. It almost reminds me of the Y2K thing icon_eek.gif

"Seek and ye shall find"

Thanks for the link to Elias. It would seem that admin is going for GCGXXX etc. when the hex numbers run out. One other thought is to use the international two letter codes for states or countries to prefix a four digit hex number. This would allow for plenty of expansion but would need some check when ehtering details about new caches . At the moment a cache could be entered apparenly in State New York,Country Australia with coordinates in Europe.