DAve the first placer

Syn

You might be able to say thanks in the chat room. He's there on occasion and goes by "Creator of Geocaching". However, he's quite bitter and speaks negatively of geocaching. He may not be so honored by the gestrure, but I don't know?

From what I've heard, he still caches as many people in the northwest have seen his signature in the log books. He doesn't do the virtual logs though. Since he frequents the chat room, I have a hunch he reads the forums, so I'm sure he'll probably read this thread. So....hi Dave Ulmer - "Creator of Geocaching". icon_biggrin.gif

Tyler Slack's Geocaching in Utah

You might be able to say thanks in the chat room. He's there on occasion and goes by "Creator of Geocaching". However, he's quite bitter and speaks negatively of geocaching. He may not be so honored by the gestrure, but I don't know?

From what I've heard, he still caches as many people in the northwest have seen his signature in the log books. He doesn't do the virtual logs though. Since he frequents the chat room, I have a hunch he reads the forums, so I'm sure he'll probably read this thread. So....hi Dave Ulmer - "Creator of Geocaching". icon_biggrin.gif

Tyler Slack's Geocaching in Utah

I read a local newspaper article (AP) lately that talked about about geocaching and it actually focused on Dave Ulmer. He took a reporter out geocaching and the whole thing seemed very positive.

I was somewhat surprised by these threads in the forums. Anybody have any insight? My Mom clipped this article about a month ago from the Williamsport (PA) Sun Gazette. Sorry, I don't have a link.

goldfish.gif

"Only when the last tree is cut,

and the last stream is polluted,

and the last fish is caught,

will we realize that you can't eat the money"

quote:
Originally posted by smoochnme:

I read a local newspaper article (AP) lately that talked about about geocaching and it actually focused on Dave Ulmer. He took a reporter out geocaching and the whole thing seemed very positive.

I was somewhat surprised by these threads in the forums. Anybody have any insight? My Mom clipped this article about a month ago from the Williamsport (PA) Sun Gazette. Sorry, I don't have a link.

http://www.contrabandent.com/cwm/s/otn/animals/goldfish.gif

OK, I read deeper. He's manical...literally. Has he gone away?

goldfish.gif

quote:
Originally posted by Jamie Z:

And that's the point... Dave's disappearance is somewhat of a mystery. One of those strange things that is part of Geocaching history.

Jamie

Tonight on Unsolved Mysteries, we delve into the disappreance of Dave Ulmer, the self proclaimed "Creator of Geocaching." Why did he turn his back on geocaching? Where did he go? Did he post his coordinates?...

15701_700.jpg

quote:
Originally posted by BassoonPilot:

Was it a recycled article? I know the article I saw in my local paper last summer had been picked up as a "filler piece" from a wire service. At that time (last August) the article seemed to be several months old.

It may have been? That would make sense. If I get a hold of it soon, i'll let you know what I learn.

This article gave you the impression Dave Ulmer and Jeremy were doing this thing together! So I formed the same opinion and was completly blown away after reading those old threads.

Gotta love the media icon_rolleyes.gif

Smoochnme

goldfish.gif

quote:
Originally posted by BassoonPilot:

Was it a recycled article? I know the article I saw in my local paper last summer had been picked up as a "filler piece" from a wire service. At that time (last August) the article seemed to be several months old.

It may have been? That would make sense. If I get a hold of it soon, i'll let you know what I learn.

This article gave you the impression Dave Ulmer and Jeremy were doing this thing together! So I formed the same opinion and was completly blown away after reading those old threads.

Gotta love the media icon_rolleyes.gif

Smoochnme

goldfish.gif