binoculars or telescope required?

Sissy-n-CR

I've found a virt that required the use of one of those 'tourist' binoculars. It was verification info, not info required to locate the final location. It would be cool to have an offset or puzzle cache that required you to use binoculars to obtain info that allows you to calculate the coordinates for the final location.

Whenever I feel blue, I start breathing again.

quote:
Originally posted by Sissy-n-CR:

Has anyone ever used a clue that required a telescope or powerful binoculars to retrieve it? The only other way to see the clue would be to physically go there, but it's difficult in the extreme.

CR

http://img.Groundspeak.com/user/72057_2000.gif

I've done a cache where they would have come in handy but weren't really necessary.

A day without sunshine is like ...night.

There is a cache in Great Falls, Mt that requires you to read a sign. The problem being that the sign is no longer accessable by trail so you have to be on top of the cliff, looking down, at just the right angle. Binocs come in pretty useful for that cache. Also, our First In Butte virtual(currently unavailable due to being closed for the winter, virtual because it is on private property) has been answered by someone using their telephoto lens!

-Jennifer

Where am I going? I ain't certain.

When will I get there? I don't know.

All as I know is I am on my way!