Signature Item Request

Bryan

As a Groundspeak Lackey, I have been fortunate enough to read logo use requests from Geocachers with incredible ideas for signature items. I have also seen some really creative ones 'in the wild'.

The thought occurred to me that it'd be really cool if Groundspeak maintained a collection of signature items from Geocachers around the world.

So, I am asking:

All Geocachers with a signature item (and some extra postage) to spare, please please please send us one for the collection...

Groundspeak

ATTN: Signature

PMB 243

15600 NE 8th Street, Suite B1

Bellevue, WA 98008

Once we start receiving them, I'll post some photos...

Thank you.

Sincerely,

Rothstafari, Soul Adventurer

www.Groundspeak.com

Groundspeak - The Language of Location

I will probably send a Byron's famous stump pin. But I do have a couple of questions.

1) Where will these items be kept?

2) Will they be kept in such a manner that we can view them? Maybe a museum corner of Grounspeak?

3) Is the intent to keep them as artifacts for as long a geocaching exists.

If there is to be an on-line picture museum only, pictures should work just fine. If the intent is to create some sort of physical display that anybody could view, that would be cool.

7301_400.jpg

(1) The items will be kept at the Groundspeak Office (until we run out of room). After that, Plan B (we'll figure something out).

(2) For viewing purposes, well, I am not quite sure. It will depend on how many we receive. We could definitely post individual photos, but assuming (and sincerely hoping) we receive a lot of them, perhaps a bunch of group photos will work best.

(3) Yes, the intent is to keep them as a collection (sort of like a time capsule for Geocaching) for the endless duration of the Geocaching revolution.

Indeed, a physical display for all to view would be ideal. Coordinates to follow (eventually). icon_smile.gif

www.Groundspeak.com

(1) The items will be kept at the Groundspeak Office (until we run out of room). After that, Plan B (we'll figure something out).

(2) For viewing purposes, well, I am not quite sure. It will depend on how many we receive. We could definitely post individual photos, but assuming (and sincerely hoping) we receive a lot of them, perhaps a bunch of group photos will work best.

(3) Yes, the intent is to keep them as a collection (sort of like a time capsule for Geocaching) for the endless duration of the Geocaching revolution.

Indeed, a physical display for all to view would be ideal. Coordinates to follow (eventually). icon_smile.gif

www.Groundspeak.com

It might be a good idea to include this request in the weekly notification emails. I bet there's alot of folks out there that don't participate in the forums that have some really cool stuff that we've never seen before.

I'm due for a painting session but will send out a Tribe Totem pouch next week.

Ttepee

Hey....My signature item is a quilt block.....Right now I have a Tolkien theme quilt that I am working on with a cacher in Erie PA....I have the Canadian geoquilt going in Canada...all blocks are made and the fam and I are going on a 6 hour drive next weekend to hand off the blocks (I really like meeting the cachers in charge of the project as we did a month ago when we went to Erie).

I also have 5-6 signature blocks that arrived too late to be in jeremy's quilt......I had planned on using them somehow in the next geoquilt but the Canadian one is of an entirely different pattern (see the thread in the Canadian section)..

Maybe just a single bock signed by me......Those UK ones are like gold to me as there aren't as many cachers there and I've been to those countries...

DxChallenged

"Have you no news on your travels?" the Book of fairy & folk tales of Ireland (1888)

As far as signature items goes, I would like to get some high quality vinyl stickers made with the logo and my username on them for placement in the caches I visit. Does anyone know of a online sticker or sign company that will do this for me? I priced it here locally and a walk-in sign shop and it is a bit pricey. Any suggestions??

"Indecision may or may not be my problem"----J. Buffett

I have been racking my brain recently over trying to come up with an inexpensive signature item. I finally came across a huge lot of small metal (Pewter or lead?) coins with an angel on one side and flat on the other. I bought the entire lot for a steal. I can engrave Seattle Seekers and a unique number on the back of each one. It is not as fancy as Moun10Bike's coins but it'll do the trick. And they will be fairly nice to keep in your pocket. I'll start putting them in caches soon.

It's too bad I get off work so early in the morning (6am), or I could just drop one off at the Grounspeak office on my way home from work. I work in Redmond and live in Kent. It would be right on the way home. Oh well, I'll try to get one in the mail. In fact, I'll send you my first one with #1 engraved on the back.

~Seattle Seekers~

seekerslogosmall.jpg

Wow! I just arrived at the Groundspeak office and am so psyched to see such an awesome variety of signature items! Incredibly creative, detailed and unique, these items are simply unbelieveable. icon_smile.gif

Thanks to all who have mailed them in or just handed them to me [Moun10Bike/Team Misguided]. Please keep 'em coming. This is becoming quite the collection. icon_smile.gif

Photos will be coming soon...

Sincerely,

www.Groundspeak.com

Wow! I just arrived at the Groundspeak office and am so psyched to see such an awesome variety of signature items! Incredibly creative, detailed and unique, these items are simply unbelieveable. icon_smile.gif

Thanks to all who have mailed them in or just handed them to me [Moun10Bike/Team Misguided]. Please keep 'em coming. This is becoming quite the collection. icon_smile.gif

Photos will be coming soon...

Sincerely,

www.Groundspeak.com