Audio Logs?

I'm getting ready to hide my first cache in the next week or so. I've considered including a disposable camera, as I've seen in a few caches, but last night I was wondering about another way for people to leave memories of their visits.

What if I put a micro-cassette recorder in the cache and asked people to leave messages for other cachers (this might be especially cool considering some of the local good-natured rivalry). I might even find a way to convert them into wavs and make them available on a website.

What do you think? Has anyone else done this?

Thanks!

Bret

I wonder how well an audiotape recorder would take a steaming hot central Illinois summer. Likewise for a digital recorder, which has the added risk of being more expensive. It is worth a try though. You would probably have to host the files elsewhere. Also, you may want to encode the file to MP3 to save storage space and transfer times.

rdw

quote:
Originally posted by rdw:

I wonder how well an audiotape recorder would take a steaming hot central Illinois summer.

Probably better in steaming hot central Illinois than here in

Hotter-than-Hades Phoenix! icon_redface.gif

Seriously though, it's a really cool idea. Please keep us all

posted on how things work out if you do it! Thanks! icon_biggrin.gif

quote:
Originally posted by rdw:

I wonder how well an audiotape recorder would take a steaming hot central Illinois summer.

Probably better in steaming hot central Illinois than here in

Hotter-than-Hades Phoenix! icon_redface.gif

Seriously though, it's a really cool idea. Please keep us all

posted on how things work out if you do it! Thanks! icon_biggrin.gif

quote:
Originally posted by Cheesehead Dave:

I'd just be worried that someone ...............

/

"Don't worry, Be Happy".

Hey it happens, If it gets traded, it happens, if you don't try it, you'll never know.

I like the idea. How expensive are those digital 3 minute recorders?

KernBob

In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities, but in the expert's mind there are few. -- Shunryu Suzuki

Drive Fast, Take Chances. --(amongst others) Jon Bedford

quote:
I like the idea. How expensive are those digital 3 minute recorders?

Actually, I'm talking about those micro-cassette recorders (like people used to use for taking notes before digital . . . remember Twin Peaks?).

The last time I checked, I think you could get them for about 10 bucks at Wal-mart. Also, somehow we collected about 3 of them over the years, so maybe I can dig one up here to use.

Bret