Pocket Query Generator

RPaske

They are always running. All day long.

At midnight it starts the daily round of pocket queries, ordering them by the last time they were generated. So if you have a daily pocket query for x caches it will have a lower priority than someone who runs one a week.

Since new queries have never been run before, you can create a query and get it within 30 minutes to an hour, depending on how long the current batch is running and how many people are creating immediate queries.

Looking up in the system, you have 2 queries, "slinger" and "new slinger" - "new slinger" generated at 9:42:22 AM PST and was emailed to you. "slinger" generated and was delivered to you at 6:07:33 AM PST

If you aren't receiving those emails it may be due to your email address either blocking large files, your ISP blocking large files, or something else. Once it leaves our email box and goes out to the back hole we call the 'net, who knows what happens.

frog.gif Jeremy Irish

Groundspeak - The Language of Location

Something does seem to have changed. I run two queries, one once a week, and the other three times a week. All used to deliver reliably by around 7:00 am. All now seem to deliver by 11:00am. The creation time on the file inside the zip today was 10:31 am. I'm going to reduce the updates on that subscription to two since it's too late to be much help as an update on Sunday if it delivers that late.

SA / PP-ASEL-I / Yahoo "SphinxXXVII" / ICQ 1916574