Charter Membership cancelled when I switched c/c#s on Paypal

Orange Hippo

Has anyone else had this occur? I switched credit card information on PayPal, and instantly I had a "new transaction" - and received an email staing that my membership to Groundspeak charter membership had been successfully cancelled!!

Sure enough, I am no longer a charter member - even though I had paid for a year in March 2002.

I can't see member only cache info, I can't download the neat files for my palm pilot icon_frown.gifetc.

I started sending emails to Groundspeak on Thursday the 12th of Dec but have had no reply ( after they closed but it would have been there Friday - maybe they are really busy). Also sent one to Jeremy.

Just wondering why / how this would occur... I did not request for Paypal to cancel anything, nor did I receive any amount of $ in unused fees... So how did this happen folks? icon_confused.gificon_confused.gificon_confused.gif

quote:
Originally posted by Saito:

Has anyone else had this occur? I switched credit card information on PayPal, and instantly I had a "new transaction" - and received an email staing that my membership to Groundspeak charter membership had been successfully cancelled!

Just curious... did you remove your former card information before you entered the new one? If so, I'm sure the system assumed you were just removing your only source of subscription payment - and it cancelled your account accordingly. Unfortunately, it seems to tie into the memberships here a little too closely... there should be some way for 'the system' to realize how long a subscription was good for, and not assume it is automagically ended because you took away the source of funds for paypal.

flag.gif

The Toe Pages