Archived cache - WHY?

Give the ppl time to reply. Don't forget that they are volunteers. Also the cache has not been archived it has been made "temporarily unavailable" by the cache owner. This can be done by logging in, going to your cache page, and clicking on the link "Click to temporarily disable" under the cache name at the top of the page. Do the same to reactivate it. Usually when the cache owner disables a cache, a note is logged, but I don't see one on this cache.

"I am not overly concerned"

quote:
Originally posted by Donnacha:

Give the ppl time to reply. Don't forget that they are volunteers. Also the cache has not been archived it has been made "temporarily unavailable" by the cache owner. This can be done by logging in, going to your cache page, and clicking on the link "Click to temporarily disable" under the cache name at the top of the page. Do the same to reactivate it. Usually when the cache owner disables a cache, a note is logged, but I don't see one on this cache.

"I am not overly concerned"

Yup, same thing I've done with three of mine till I can get down to the coast to check on them. Meant to way before now but there have been too many extra jobs pop up lately...lol. This feature is useful for when you don't want people to go looking for your cache because some kind of problem has been reported, or because it needs major maintenance, or because there are changes in the works for that particular cache. Once the problems have been resolved, the cache is made available once again.

So like has been said, just give it some time or drop an e-mail to the owner of the cache, they might not mind a bit explaining what's up.

texasgeocaching_sm.gif

"Trade up, trade even, or don't trade!!!" My philosophy of life.

It was disabled, not archived. Only the owner will disable a cache. Contact him/her to find out why.

"You can't make a man by standing a sheep on his hind legs. But by standing a flock of sheep in that position, you can make a crowd of men" - Max Beerbohm

[This message was edited by BrianSnat on August 26, 2003 at 05:00 PM.]