I like that

poksal

..but put in the dowell holes before you saw off the lid. So it/they will align perfectly.

Then get some friends to help haul it in (boy! .. those would be friends!)... Oh, I'm busy that day. .. sorry... geeze would have loved to help though... LOL. ... yep, that's the day... darn! ... oh, that day too. ... I'm so sorry!

** The worst suggestion of a life time may be the catalyst to the best idea of the century, don't fail to listen to suggestions.

..... was ment to be about using removed tree trunks for cache containers after sawing off the tops and hollowing out the innards. ... see?

[This message was edited by poksal, grand kids & wife on December 29, 2002 at 07:41 PM.]

On whether or not you felt a free and democratic institution such as ours could eventually consider evolutionary humanism as a prerequisite to the insipidness that prevails today.

In general though, you should NEVER saw off the lid before inserting the dowels, unless of course you need to saw off the lid before inserting the dowels. However, in that case, be sure to deviate your variances and variate your deviances beforehand.

Visit the Mississippi Geocaching Forum at

http://pub98.ezboard.com/bgeocachingms

Skip this thread, I clicked on the wrong button and it created this thing...

.... mark one up for the old man -poksal- on the wall.

** The worst suggestion of a life time may be the catalyst to the best idea of the century, don't fail to listen to suggestions.

I admit to be a bit confused too, but if you are talking about cutting the top off a stump and hollowing out a hole for the cache, I've a friend that came across a ready made stump for that in the woods. Nice and aged so it look natural. There was a hole in the top and as I looked in there with my flashlight, I wondered ''how did he get that big container in through that small hole?'' Shortly, I found that the top of the stump was removable!

Oh, and I just recalled another one where I was looking for a cache and lightly kicked a small log with my toe. The log rattled.

Steve Bukosky N9BGH

Waukesha Wisconsin