New variation: Doot Hunting!

Anyone else listening in to Bob and Tom this morning? I think it was Bob that said they should come out with a dog food that they put something in that would enable you to locate the 'end product' with a GPS....

Hey, UMC! You could use that to fill up one of those empty buckets of yours! icon_biggrin.gif

Now I'm wodering if anyone on the Bob and Tom Show are cachers... there's a load of caches right by their station!

I walk the Maze of Moments, but everywhere I turn to, begins a new beginning, but never finds a finish... -Enya, Anywhere Is

I --NEVER-- have a problem finding what my dog leaves behind !!! See THIS PHOTO.

First of all, just having a GPS wouldn't help you find it. Unless there were a radio transmitter sending a beacon with the GPS data in it (see APRS), you would need to know where the dog dropped it anyway.

People with little dogs walk across their yards and sometimes cuss. I walk across my yard and side-step it, cause I can see it no problem. Since we feed our dogs raw chicken and vegetables, they do not put out a lot. But when they do, it is easy to see. Makes clean-up a simple chore, no GPS needed for us! BTW, currently, we have four Texas Chihuahuas (see photo link above). For more about our dogs GO HERE.

While I didn't hear the show in El Paso, I do not think it is a workable idea, but rather a joke. icon_biggrin.gif

Mike. Desert_Warrior (aka KD9KC).

El Paso, Texas.

Citizens of this land may own guns. Not to threaten their neighbors, but to ensure themselves of liberty and freedom.

They are not assault weapons anymore... they are HOMELAND DEFENSE WEAPONS!

I am an avid Bob and Tom VIP member. It is cool that someone else listens to them! I'll be in Indy this summer, do you know if they do tours there or something? I'll be cacheing during the hours I am not gaming at Gencon in July.

Thanks

Make a sanity check.migo_sig_logo.jpg

Desert_Warrior -

I *know* it wouldn't work like that- E-mail Bob&Tom with complaints for the implausible idea icon_biggrin.gif

TMAN264-

Just check out their website for any upcomming appearances... if you're VIP I thought they'd e-mail you notices whenever anyone's appearring somewhere....

I walk the Maze of Moments, but everywhere I turn to, begins a new beginning, but never finds a finish... -Enya, Anywhere Is

I don't need a GPS. I have something better.

Now All I have to do is go into the shed and grab the shovel. My Springer Spaniel walks in front of me and points them out. I never trained her to point, but she assumes the point position at the next one in the yard. I scoop it up and she trots to the next one.

===========================================================

"The time has come" the Walrus said "to speak of many things; of shoes and ships and sealing wax, of cabbages and Kings".

Alright Desert Warrior, I've had it ! Your always trying to snow us into thinking your bald Shetland pony there is a dog. Just put the saddle back on, and get an avatar with you riding from cache to cache ! icon_wink.gif

Two roads diverged in the woods and I,

I took the one less traveled,

and that is how I found the cache.

quote:
Since we feed our dogs raw chicken and vegetables, they do not put out a lot. But when they do, it is easy to see.

Going off thread just for a sec-Desert Warrior I think you are taking a big risk with your hound's well-being. I'm in the restaurant biz, and the last report I saw on salmonella risk had the potential of contamination down to only 5% from a high of 7% a few years ago. That is why the caution to cook chicken to 165F is printed everywhere. Over 40,000 cases of this foodborne illness are reported each year, with the actual number perhaps twice that if you include unreported milder cases. Please cook your dog's chicken.

These changes in latitudes, changes in attitudes;

Nothing remains quite the same.

Through all of the islands and all of the highlands,

If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane

quote:
Originally posted by wimseyguy:

Going off thread just for a sec-Desert Warrior I think you are taking a big risk with your hound's well-being.

Please cook your dog's chicken.

I was concerned about that and other things as well when my wife started down this road. However, even our vet agrees that the stomach enzymes in a dog are considerably different than ours, and salmonella is not a risk to them.

What we cannot do is switch between raw food and regular dog food without a major production.

Feeding raw chicken and vegetables takes a lot of work. It is certainly not for everyone. But, we get 40 pounds of chicken for about $8 right on the packing hoouse loading dock. And dogs is the only work my wife does. Our vet even admits that our dogs are in GREAT shape, and a lot of it is diet. If you look at the photo, you can plainly see a fine dog and a fat old retired soldier. Wish that diet would work for me!

BTW, on the raw food diet, the "DOOT" output is considerably less!

Mike. Desert_Warrior (aka KD9KC).

El Paso, Texas.

Citizens of this land may own guns. Not to threaten their neighbors, but to ensure themselves of liberty and freedom.

They are not assault weapons anymore... they are HOMELAND DEFENSE WEAPONS!

[This message was edited by Desert_Warrior on May 23, 2003 at 02:28 PM.]