Moving a cache?

Craig333

Yesterday I was looking for a cache, As I was looking a man asked me what I was doing there? And that area was not open to public. So I told him and he went with me to find the cache. I was told it had to be removed. Not being from the area I did move it and hide it the best I could. WhenI got home I posted that I had moved it. and the new placement. I thing I did the right thing. Has this happen to any other geocahers? And what did they do?

Given that the cache would probably completely disappeared if you hadn't moved it, I think you did the right thing. Make sure you contact the owner, though.

I had a similar thing happen with the Crosstimbers New World Adventure cache. I had previously done the cache, but was letting my daughter Miss Pumpkin (age 5) hunt it. When we got to the cache site, we found the contents strewn across the ground. The logbook had several logs from neighborhood kids saying that another neighborhood kid had told them about the cache, and they had found it, and even traded. Apparently, the last kid didn't find anything he wanted. Given that half the kids in the neighborhood seemed to know where the cache was, I figured it was better to take the cache and give it to T-Storm than to leave it and have it disappear completely. T-Storm was glad I had removed the cache. She restocked it, and replaced it in a different location in the same park. The neighborhood kids still haven't found it again (yet).

I felt very uncomfortable moving a cache that didn't belong to me, but it was the best thing to do. Sounds like the same for you.

25021_1200.gif