What do you like best about Geocaching?

For me, it's undoubtedly the fact that our family spends some quality time outdoors. With three kids, it's sometimes hard to find something "everybody" wants to do. Geocaching provides just that. What child doesn't want to "find a treasure?" They like the trails, like the wildlife - all the things that come with going off the beaten path.

Me? It's great excercise that I absolutely need, and just wouldn't have the motivation for, otherwise. Seriously, if I didn't have a "destination," I doubt I would "start the journey," capiche? I love doing them with the family, and when a few of my buds get together, we have a blast doing them after midnight.

All that, and the fact that we get a MUCH better idea of our surroundings, make this a great sport. Of course, now we're getting a much better idea of our "not-so" surroundings! icon_wink.gif

It's also a lot of fun planning the types/locations of caches WE plan on hiding. The girls have some great ideas, and we are working out the details. Some of those "details" involve reading the rules and such, because we had everything "locked and loaded," ready for BURYING them, and covering them with rocs/leaves, when we read the regs stating that we are not allowed to dig holes. Fair enough, although we had to do a complete "revamp" of our plans.

Great stuff!

Grandmaster Cache

I've always loved hiking and geocaching gives me an excuse to go out and do a lot more of it than I normally would. Though lately my interests have been swaying more towards the hunt, thinking of ways of making cache hunts harder so that I can get a little more out of it. I guess the biggest thing that both my wife & I like about Geocaching is the fact that it gets me out from behind my computer screen and outside to get some sun icon_biggrin.gif

Doug

The hike. No, the hunt on the hike. No, wait, the drive to the hunt on the hike. Yeah I really like the driving part. Or the trade after finding the hunt on the hike. No, no, the people you meet. Or friends and the forums, I have fun with those. Wait! It's the shopping to prepare to trade for items found in the hunt on the hike. No I like the game. Maybe it's the education I get about just about anything discussed in the forums besides the hunt on the hike, or provided by links where people say look here,and the help offered. Oh, but Travel Bugs can be fun! The thing I like best would have to be the photography taken during the hunt on the hike. Or the chats. And the topgraphy, geology, geography, meteorolgy of it all, in nature. But my real favorite is the Complaint Dept.! I think that about covers it. icon_biggrin.gif

Cache you later,

Planet

Two Wrongs Don't Make A Right, But Three Lefts Do.

quote:
Originally posted by Criminal:

I like that you never know when you'll come across two hot girls kissing naked in the woods. After 38 years, I'm still waiting for it to happen to me......... icon_eek.gif

I was riding bikes, before my caching days, I was concentrating on the trail when I here a womans voice say hello. I turn back to say hi and had to do a double take. I had just ridden within 10 ft of two women. One topless and the onther one taking photos of her. At that point I was about 40 ft past them on the trail and didn't really know what to do. Go back, keep riding.... what to do, what to do.

george

39570_500.jpg

Pedal until your legs cramp up and then pedal some more.

Time with my wife, doing something we both enjoy.

Getting much-needed exercise (especially for me).

Spending more time outside than it takes to get from house to car!

Seeing/finding interesting new places where we live that we otherwise wouldn't know about.

Truthfully, as George of georgeandmary says, the hunt is a thrill and honestly, seeing the list of found caches grow giving visual feedback on the growth of Geocaching experience. Visual feedback is fun!

For me this new activity has been special. I certainly need the exercise and the thrill of the hunt builds each time I go out. When I am huffing and puffing I do my best to remember what I will feel like when I finally find something hidden from others. That keeps me going and trying again.

Rich ()=iii=<