Sport Trak map

CG&B

Hi There,

I'm a total newbie in this,so if this seems a stupid question, I apologise before hand.

Is there any way I can put a set of co-ordinates into my sportrak map with the go to command, or any command as in N 44° 00.652 W 078° 32.246 an then go to it?

Chris

Chris, I don't use a SporTrak, but I have another Magellan and I believe the input of coordinates is the same for both units. This is what you do:

Press and hold the GOTO button. This will give you the "Mark a Waypoint" screen. You can edit the waypoint icon, the waypoint name, and its location.

Use the keypad to highlight the location box. Press enter. Now you can edit each individual digit using the keypad. Simply change the digits to match the coordinates you want.

Give it a name if you want by highlighting the name box and editing with the keypad.

When you are done, highlight the save box and press enter.

Now the waypoint is saved in memory. To GOTO that waypoint, press GOTO(note, do not press and hold). Under the user waypoints, you should find your newly created waypoint. Highlight it and press enter. Presto, you are now going to that waypoint. You can now cycle through the various screen of the SporTrak in order to use the compass screen or the map screen or any of them to display data about you and your GOTO waypoint.

Jamie

great reply

i have the sporTrak pro, and use it quite a bit with the kids. if you don't have the computer interface cable... get it. use it in conjunction with expertGPS and you will have a ton of fun. the kids like the topo and arial maps that they generate.

i find that you really need to dig through all of the screens to really learn the capabilities of this GPSr.

wish you luck!

robbie

icon_smile.gif

wings_flag.gif

required reading

My first bible