Any tips on where to buy Legend

Hey Sample Size,

I would reccomend you not buying the legend. If anything buy a magellan sportrak. I bought a etrex, and the reception is terrible. Also the screen is so small, the size is good though. Also you can never attach a ext. antenna to etrex models. You can make an active antenna for the magellans though. Its just a thought, also on some of the magellans there are compasses. With the magellans the memory is expandable, not like the garmins? Your choice? If you are looking for the best price on anything type legend in the search engine, and go to like dealtime or something, there it will show you the price comparisons from all teh net companys. Compare teh prices and the shipping cause they will try to scam you tere sometimes. Next try ebay, you can often find awesome deals there with the same brand new equipment.

Stealth Scout

Hey Sample Size,

I would reccomend you not buying the legend. If anything buy a magellan sportrak. I bought a etrex, and the reception is terrible. Also the screen is so small, the size is good though. Also you can never attach a ext. antenna to etrex models. You can make an active antenna for the magellans though. Its just a thought, also on some of the magellans there are compasses. With the magellans the memory is expandable, not like the garmins? Your choice? If you are looking for the best price on anything type legend in the search engine, and go to like dealtime or something, there it will show you the price comparisons from all teh net companys. Compare teh prices and the shipping cause they will try to scam you tere sometimes. Next try ebay, you can often find awesome deals there with the same brand new equipment.

Stealth Scout

quote:
Originally posted by Stealth Scout:

Hey Sample Size,

I would reccomend you not buying the legend...

I actually own a Legend, and I love it -- haven't had too much trouble with reception. I'm sure there are things the Magellan does better, but I like the size/design/features of the Legend.

Thanks for the tips!

Thanks for all the suggestions, folks.

Don't you hate when they factor the rebate into the price they display? I think that's sneaky. icon_mad.gif Ah, well.

So far, I'm probably going with Amazon. I could probably save 10 bucks, but I'm not sure it's worth the risk of buying from Uncle Shmo's Electronix Depot or whatever.

quote:
Originally posted by Stealth Scout:

Hey Sample Size,

I would reccomend you not buying the legend. If anything buy a magellan sportrak.

Stealth Scout

I also own a Garmin Legend and a Magellan, guess which one I use the most? guess which one I found to be more accurat (most times)

yes the dreaded Legend.

I have an etrex Vista and....... LOVE IT !!!!

I have no problems with reception in regular conditions. Trees dont seem to totoally kill the signal, being down in a valley will sometimes. Although my electronic altimeter,, well , its junk, LOL. Its never even close.

And with its 24 meg of memory it saves everything I need, especially sence all waypoints, routes, and tracks are NOT part of that memory. Memory only applies to the maps.

Yes, the screen is small, but it makes up for it being suck a small unit, those Magellans seem Huge next to the etrex.