Mapsource Waypoint Display?

Here's the problem.

When I upload waypoints from my GPS into Mapsource they display symbol&name. I don't want that...I want just the symbol.

Also...I can find no global setting in Mapsource to view all waypoints as just symbol and not symbol&name. As far as I can see you must change each one individually...a pain in the @$$. I MUST be doing something wrong as this feature would be a MUST wouldn't it? - JamesJM

[This message was edited by JamesJM on May 10, 2003 at 10:20 PM.]

quote:
Originally posted by Gimpy:

In Mapsource, go up to the "edit" drop down menu, hit "preferences", then hit "waypoint". There you have the option to view symbol, symbol & name, etc.

"Gimpy"

--N2GLS--

First thing...don't think I'm saying your explanation doesn't work, it very well may...but I can't make it work. <smile>

That preference option you speak of will change the detail for any "NEW" waypoints I create but doesn't do anything to the ones already created, more specifically - the ones I add from my GPS.

Even with this option set when I add my GPS waypoints they display symbol&name.

I'm confused....I REFUSE to believe it can't be done. - JamesJM

I'm sure you've seen it but you can change individual waypoints by opening each one in Mapsouse and selecting what you want displayed. Of course this isn't a universal command.

What about using the Import and Export commmands? I haven't tried it but maybe there's a way of exporting to a file, stripping the description and then Importing back into Mapsource?

Good luck

Alan

quote:
Originally posted by Alan2:

I'm sure you've seen it but you can change individual waypoints by opening each one in Mapsouse and selecting what you want displayed. Of course this isn't a universal command.

What about using the Import and Export commmands? I haven't tried it but maybe there's a way of exporting to a file, stripping the description and then Importing back into Mapsource?

Good luck

Alan

Strangely enough Mapsource allows you to export the waypoints file in a .txt format which means you can make the necessary changes but does not allow you to import the .txt file back as a Mapsource waypoint file.

Go figure, Olar

"You are only young once but you can stay immature forever"