Delorme Street Altas Deluxe vs. Microsoft Streets & Trips vs. ?? for 76S use???

Hello,

I am looking for comments on the strength /weekness' of mapping programs similar to Delorme's Street Altas Deluxe & Microsoft Streets & Trips for use with a 76S while driving with a laptop and for use in creating routes on the software and download to the 76S sans laptop...

Follow all that?

Or, is metroguide equally capable? (yes, I realize Garmin software is my only choice for actually downloading the map)

The maps I'll own now are: 76S basemap & Garmin Topo

Cant help you with either of those programs but I do exactly what you are saying with National Geographic TOPO! For my application (offroading and remote caching) it works GREAT. Not that good in the city because many of the streets are not there due to the age of the scanned USGS Topos (1:24000).

"You've got to be very careful if you don't know where you're going, because you might not get there." Yogi Berra

jeepsmiliedesertcamo.gif

JeepNAz@aol.com

quote:
Originally posted by Us 5 Camp:

Hello,

I am looking for comments on the strength /weekness' of mapping programs similar to Delorme's Street Altas Deluxe & Microsoft Streets & Trips for use with a 76S while driving with a laptop and for use in creating routes on the software and download to the 76S sans laptop...

Follow all that?

Or, is metroguide equally capable? (yes, I realize Garmin software is my only choice for actually downloading the map)

The maps I'll own now are: 76S basemap & Garmin Topo

So you want to create the routes on the PC and then download them to a standard GPS? If so I can't help you there. I don't think either can do that, but I have never tried. They both tie into GPS units to guide directly from the laptop. Microsofts can download to a pocket PC, and Delome can download to a Pocket PC and a Palm Pilot.

Dan

Are you refering to Delorme Street Atlas Deluse for routing? I have a Vista. Will the Deluxe set waypoint for the route so I can download to the Vista or does it work differently?

How about tracks?

Would I be better off with Metroguide?

Tks

Alan