A question for the Map 76S experts

How to get rid of the scan arrow on the map page of the map 76S. When on the map page and I use the toggle button to scan areas on the map page I can never seem to get rid of it unless I turn the gpsr off. It is rather annoying as when the scan arrow is on the map page the map will stay in that area even though your movement or travel goes off that screen. It isn't that big of a deal but I thought maybe someone knows the procedure to do this without shutting the unit off. Thanks for any help or maybe there isn't any help for me.

Team sidewinde

LOST AND FOUND DEPT.

Doesn't hitting the Quit key a couple times, clear that??

Whenever you hit the cursor keypad while on the map page, the Pan n Scan cursor appears, and the tracking arrow may leave the screen. You will need to immediatly hit QUIT once or twice to clear the Panning mode on the map page.

If not, reload the firmware, and if that dont work, then call Garmin Monday.

--------------------------------------------------

My Old posts as Geoffrey

My Current Post as GOT GPS?

My profile

My Home Page about what is GPS

Thanks for your help guys. I had always thought I had this gpsr and all the features figured out by now but there are some things you can still learn from someone else. It should have been obvious but then I overlooked the obvious. Thanks again for taking the time to help me out and hope I wasn't a bother.

Team Sidewinder

LOST AND FOUND DEPT.