Is the Merigreen discontinued?

NWMOhunter

I've been doing some shopping on the net for a new unit and I had decided on the Merigreen and was just shopping for the best price. Some places don't carry the Merigreen and I even found one place that said it was discontinued.

Did they discontinue the Merigreen for the SportTrac line?

Can someone give me some info before I drop the loot on the unit?

I had good service from outpost.com, even if I don't understand their pricing methods! A few weeks ago, the green was priced LOWER than the yellow. Now it's priced HIGHER. Of course, I paid $130 for the yellow which was a good deal at the time, but $99 is a barn-burner. Interesting that you can get two of these for less than a SportTrak Pro!

Since my first Meridian GPS (yellow) was defective, I returned it for another. No problems and friendly customer service. My second 'yellow' has been working great.

Thats odd to see the flux in the prices. I called customer service to see if there WAS a difference between the green and yellow. The guy said he didn't know. Now if this was strictly a GPS company then I would expect him to know. Being as though they handle numerous items I don't see this as a bad thing.

Now looking back on it I should have bought the limit (2) and then tried to sell it to some sucker on eBay and made some cash.

I wonder if I can still get the $50 rebate if I buy a Topo program as well.

I think theat the rebate holds...at least for the offering that went up to Dec 31, you did not have to buy the Meridian and MapSend at the same time, or even the same place. I found a good price on the Plat and got the Topo through Amazon. It took about 12 weeks for the rebate to come through, but came it did.

Max

Often wrong but seldom in doubt