Map and Memory Size

You can fit an area of LA from N34°21.770', W118°41.333' to N33°36.227', W117°44.949'. or 2,800 square miles. This is using TOPO, S&D is probaly similar, The size of the regions depend on the number of streets (if you lived in North Dakota, you could fit more square miles in than LA).

Wyatt W.

The probability of someone watching you is directly proportional to the stupidity of your actions.

quote:
Originally posted by SD Chargers Fan:

What is the typical memory usage size for uploading maps. My SportTrak map comes w/ 4mb internal and no card slots available. How much map can actually go into 4mb space. Should I have gotten a meridian with card available? TIA GeoBoltz

Impossible to answer without knowing what types of maps you're wanting to upload.

PS_sig.gif

I was thinking of downloadin the Sequoia Natl. Forest. I doubt there are many streets, but probably a lot of other info. Just curious as to what 4 mb gets me.

A question, using Topo, is it possible to cut secctions from a larger map, i.e. maybe cut out the freeway section only from LA to San Francisco, thereby eliminating unused memory eating data? Just wonderin'. Thanks for any info in advance.

Sequoia NP will fit into aprroz 642kb. You can have four sepearate and distinct rectangular regions (as long as they fit in the space provided). The meridians allow you to save several of the 4 region sets to a SD card.

Wyatt W.

The probability of someone watching you is directly proportional to the stupidity of your actions.

Thanks Wyatt. I went ahead and returned my SportTrak and ordered the Meridian Gold. For only about 50.00 diff. I might as well have the option of more memory space. Heck, I could always just buy several disks, and upload various maps to each and keep them handy. Thanks again. Jeff