New GPSR by Brunton...

Alphawolf

More interesting than their MNS product, but the specs don't look like there's any big improvement over other equivalent products on the market today.

The map cards sound like a throwback to the days when Garmin only distributed their MetroGuide maps on pre-programmed cards (8 & 16 MB) for the original Street Pilot. Any time you wanted to take a trip somewhere meant another $$ visit to the dealer to see if the appropriate map card was available. It was a big advance when Garmin and others made the maps available on CDROMs and allowed the user to download the needed map data (either to internal memory or to cards).

The one thing that caught my attention when reading the specs was:

quote:
Plot Trails: 10 / 10,000 points per trail

With certain Garmin units, the ACTIVE track log can be 10,000 points, but any saved tracks end up with only ~250 per saved track.

Does this unit REALLY hold 100,000 track log points? And if so, what information is saved with each point? Does each point have a time and date stamp saved with it?

Thanks,

Cheval

icon_confused.gif

Sigh no one really makes the GPS I really want... This one looks really good till I got to the part with the screen res. in the 150ish X 150ish range... I do like that it is grey scale though, color sucks too much power and is too hard to read outdoors for now. I really want something about double this res.

I also like the memory card, after having that with my Meridian I would really hate to give that up.

Not a bad GPS just does not have anything that jumps out says I need to dump what I have and get this. I miss the days when that would happen.

A = A