Plucker help please

geofred

I have read that Plucker would be better than Avantgo for reading gpxSpinner files on my pda. I did the Plucker download thing and the guide reads like a code writers dream. I don't write code. Don't plan on learning it. But I am darn good at editing.

Has anyone figured out how to use Plucker for seeking out pages for d/l on the internet?

Can you send me something simple I could edit so that I can d/l gpx spinner files? icon_confused.gif

For spinner click on the browse button and find your gpx file and let spinner do its thing. Then in Plucker add a new channel, copy and paste the url that spinner gives you. Most of the settings will be the default settings except for the limit, set that to 4. Run plucker and update the channel and it will put the file in your install on your pda desktop.

For gpx2html:

Put your gpx file in a file with the gpx2html.exe and run it, it will create a html folder. run plucker. click on file/add new channel and name it what ever you want. On the starting page click on "a local file" and browse to the index.html file in the HTML folder. Most of the rest of the settings will be the default except for the limit page, set that to 3. On the formating page you can pick the color for hyperlinks. The image page you can pick the color depth. To run it just highlight the name and click the "update selected channel" the 5 button.

If you want to be able to have caches listed from home you have to create a "reflocation" file and put it in the html folder. open up word pad and type home, and your coords.

Example

Home, 46.734352, -092.17260

MnGCA-button.gif

[This message was edited by IBcrashen on January 25, 2003 at 04:18 AM.]

[This message was edited by IBcrashen on January 25, 2003 at 04:29 AM.]

Hmm. Nearly a hundred people viewed my post and nary an email of ideas. Well I discovered the great Plucker folk have created a "desktop" converter that does not require squat code writing skill. They even have a wizard that completes the task step by step. Plucker be great Avantgo be history. icon_cool.gif