Please help! Need info about your GPS!

topografix

Hi,

I'm updating EasyGPS and ExpertGPS to properly reflect the capabilities of all the new (and not-so-new) Garmin and Magellan GPS receivers. I've put together a list of all the GPS receivers and their capabilities, but now I need actual GPS owners to verify this information. If you've got a Garmin or Magellan GPS, and an up-to-date version of Internet Explorer or Netscape, please visit http://www.topografix.com/gps.xml and verify the data listed for your GPS receiver.

If you don't see a name listed next to "Verified By:", then please send me an email and either let me know that everything is correct, or point out any corrections.

I especially need the help of pilots, boaters, or anyone with a Garmin GPS that doesn't start with the letter "e"...

Thanks in advance for your help!

--

Dan Foster

TopoGrafix: GPS Software, Waypoints, and Maps

http://www.topografix.com/

quote:
Originally posted by TopoGrafix:

Hi,

If you don't see a name listed next to "Verified By:", then please send me an email and either let me know that everything is correct, or point out any corrections.

I especially need the help of pilots, boaters, or anyone with a Garmin GPS that doesn't start with the letter "e"...

--

Dan Foster

Dan,

The info for the Garmin GPS III+ looks correct. The current version number is 2.06. icon_razz.gif

Vince

KD5NVO

0H/7F

quote:

Hi,

--

Dan Foster

Dan,

The info for the Garmin GPS III+ looks correct. The current version number is 2.06. icon_razz.gif

Vince

KD5NVO

0H/7F

quote:

Hi,

I'm updating EasyGPS and ExpertGPS to properly reflect the capabilities of all the new (and not-so-new) Garmin and Magellan GPS receivers

If you've got a Garmin or Magellan GPS, and an up-to-date version of Internet Explorer or Netscape, please visit http://www.topografix.com/gps.xml and verify the data listed for your GPS receiver.

--

Dan Foster

Hi Dan,

. . I have just clicked on the link you listed, and I found nothing there. I have an E-Trex Venture. Be VERY happyto help if I can. It only makes ExpertGPS betterfor me. What can I do to help?

Mike. KD9KC.

El Paso, Texas.

Seventeen minutes after her FIRST call for help, police officers arrived to find Ronyale White dead.

Prohibiting self defense is the ultimate crime. Police carry guns to protect themselves. What protects YOU ???

quote:
Originally posted by KD9KC:

I have just clicked on the link you listed, and I found nothing there. I have an E-Trex Venture. Be VERY happyto help if I can. It only makes ExpertGPS betterfor me. What can I do to help?

If you don't have Internet Explorer 6 or Netscape 6, you won't be able to view the XML file correctly. If you'd still like to help, just send an email to gps2002@topografix.com with the model name of your GPS receiver, and I'll send you back the data I currently have for your GPS, which you can verify, correct if needed, and send back to me.

I've already got the info for the eTrex Venture verified, but there are many more GPS receivers to go.

--

Dan Foster

The version for the all meridians is 3.12. I don't know if it is of any use to you, but the meridians have the card utilities, this allows the saving of waypoint/routes/tracks to the SD card. Other than that I think the info was correct.

Also the current version of the 315/320 is version 3.15.

Wyatt W.

The probability of someone watching you is directly proportional to the stupidity of your actions.

I would strongly encourage people to refrain from using xml (and also Flash), when designing webpages, as it tends to alienate a large percentage of potential site visitors who may not have (nor want) the latest/greatest browser version or plugin.

With that said, the SporTrak Pro's latest firmware version is v.3.02

The other SporTrak Pro info 'looks' correct, though I wouldn't swear to it icon_smile.gif

Just my $0.02 worth icon_smile.gif

I would strongly encourage people to refrain from using xml (and also Flash), when designing webpages, as it tends to alienate a large percentage of potential site visitors who may not have (nor want) the latest/greatest browser version or plugin.

With that said, the SporTrak Pro's latest firmware version is v.3.02

The other SporTrak Pro info 'looks' correct, though I wouldn't swear to it icon_smile.gif

Just my $0.02 worth icon_smile.gif

quote:
Originally posted by Vince D'Elia:

Dan,

Vince

KD5NVO

0H/7F

I don't believe that all of the info is correct.

The GPS III+ appears to use the Garmin 10 character set, as it includes the plus, minus, and space characters.

I don't know what the maximum number of trackpoints is for a saved track, but I have a saved track with 425 points. I'm going to guess here, but I'll bet the max is 500 points.

Everything else I verified to be correct.

quote:
Originally posted by Vince D'Elia:

Dan,

Vince

KD5NVO

0H/7F

I don't believe that all of the info is correct.

The GPS III+ appears to use the Garmin 10 character set, as it includes the plus, minus, and space characters.

I don't know what the maximum number of trackpoints is for a saved track, but I have a saved track with 425 points. I'm going to guess here, but I'll bet the max is 500 points.

Everything else I verified to be correct.