Carrying case

From Compuplus

Meridian platinum $242

Mapsend Topo $67

Power cable with w/cig light adapter$18.95

Buy.com

64M Sandisk SD card $33.81

3 in 1 USB reader $24.57

So for $461.16 I now get to sit and wait a few days until I go find my first cache.

Again Thanks for all the input. Really looking forward to learning how to use the Meriplat to find caches and then really getting off the beaten path when I go hunting and not having to worry about getting back.

Go Navy

But you forgot the PDA, Roses for the wife, car and bike mounting brackets for the gps, dinner for wife for each full day of caching, case for gps, candy for wife, backpack, shopping trip for wife, hiking stick, divorce attorney for wife, ,,,,,, icon_smile.gificon_wink.gif

All kidding aside most wives love it as much as we do and are better at finding caches, I think it’s that shopping instinct.

You’re off to a great start. Happy Caching.

Yeah, those were the good times, eh? Managed to get my 20 in, then realized I'd have to get a job!

Okay, okay, enough chit-chat. Wanted to pass on what I discovered too late after doing what you are doing. Have a Meridian and STPro. Really saves on cables and software. But get a data/power combo cable and an AC/12V adapter (Radio Shack, $21) instead of just a power cable. This setup allows me to power up in the car and use wall power at the computer when I have the data connection. Reason: can't hook two different cables at same time. When you got the data-only cable hooked up, you are forced to use battery power. Wish I would have done it that way first. Now I have an extra power cable. Which, of course, forced me to buy the Meridian. icon_biggrin.gif

don