Few observations/questions of meridian code 01.

I was playing with my meridian code number 01 (menu right-left-right-left... 01, enter). And noticed a few things (here is an example of things I noticed)

29ETRE 256 5082 FLI

(Repeats for each satellite present)

I know “29” is the satellite number. “ETRE” (and a possibility of other commands) probably indicate the use of the satellite, but I think “ETRE” is normal. “256” I believe represents the satellite strength (scale of 0-1000?). I don't know what “5082” is, but noticed the number decreases at a fairly predictable interval (I though location, but I not sure how that would be done). I believe “FLI” represents what type of WAAS corrections the unit is receiving (fast, long, and Iono). The last one is most useful so you know which satellites have a full WAAS correction (more that have FLI, the better you are). It is possible to have variations of the last one (e.g., I, LI)

At the very bottom of the screen there is a display similar to this (it will switch with another screen on a set interval).

hd 120 a 1280 p 3.90H 6W

(I think there is more data on this line, but it scrolls off the page).

My beliefs is "hd 120" is heading and "a 1280" is altitude. "p3.90H" is PDOP (Positional Dilution of Precision (smaller number is better for accuracy) this number matches up with programs that report this number).

The best guess I can thing of for the screen that switches the data listed above is possibly tilt sensor data.

Any one know if I am correct on my observations, or have any idea what some of the other data is?

Wyatt W.

The probability of someone watching you is directly proportional to the stupidity of your actions.

quote:
Originally posted by phantom4099:

I was playing with my meridian code number 01 (menu right-left-right-left... 01, enter). And noticed a few things (here is an example of things I noticed)

29ETRE 256 5082 FLI

(Repeats for each satellite present)

I know “29” is the satellite number. “ETRE” (and a possibility of other commands) probably indicate the use of the satellite, but I think “ETRE” is normal. “256” I believe represents the satellite strength (scale of 0-1000?). I don't know what “5082” is, but noticed the number decreases at a fairly predictable interval (I though location, but I not sure how that would be done). I believe “FLI” represents what type of WAAS corrections the unit is receiving (fast, long, and Iono). The last one is most useful so you know which satellites have a full WAAS correction (more that have FLI, the better you are). It is possible to have variations of the last one (e.g., I, LI)

At the very bottom of the screen there is a display similar to this (it will switch with another screen on a set interval).

hd 120 a 1280 p 3.90H 6W

(I think there is more data on this line, but it scrolls off the page).

My beliefs is "hd 120" is heading and "a 1280" is altitude. "p3.90H" is PDOP (Positional Dilution of Precision (smaller number is better for accuracy) this number matches up with programs that report this number).

The best guess I can thing of for the screen that switches the data listed above is possibly tilt sensor data.

Any one know if I am correct on my observations, or have any idea what some of the other data is?

Wyatt W.

The probability of someone watching you is directly proportional to the stupidity of your actions.

I am unsure about your findings.

Sorry I cannot help more.

I was curious about the menu item 82 which is listed as Compensation Offset.

I searched Google for this and Magellan and did not find anything but various locations of the Hidden Menu PDF.

Could this be some kind of way to compensate if your unit is always off by a certain number of feet?

Kenneth

I don't know, I have not tried to mess with it. Since I don't know if it will harm the unit or change anything I have left it alone.

On to the original post I also see speed is given on that screen (above heading). What is kind of odd is it gives the speed below .50 mph (the auto averaging threshold).

Also those numbers at the bottom are not sensor data.

Wyatt W.