Lowrance Ifinder

deekeith

I've been following the discussions and posts on this site for some time, and have seen very little posted on the Ifinder. I am curious as to why no one uses Lowrance equipment. I own a GM100 and an Ifinder; these units have never failed me in any way and the Ifinder has many new features that the GM100 didn't, i.e., expandable memory. The only thing I wished the Ifinder has that it doesn't is Auto routing. Garmin V has this, but Garmin V does not have expandable memory. Please let me know your thoughts on Lowrance equipment.

I also use an iFinder and have had nothing but success with it. Probably the biggest reason more people don't use Lowrance is a lack of marketing to the handheld gps customer. Lowrance is big in the fishing world, considered by many to be the best in sounders for the serious angler. For reasons known only to them, they don't push for the handheld market.

I've used Lowrance GPS for years. I have two units, the Global Map 100, which I use in the truck and on foot, and a Global Nav 310 that I use in my 4x4. More accurate than any other GPS out there, and tough. One 4 wheeler rolled his Jeep, the GM 100 flew 40 feet and hit the rock exposing the guts of the unit. The unit still worked afterwards, and Lowrance replaced the unit for free. Lowrance has been in the GPS/SONAR business for 45 years, and for my money, it's Lowrance all the way.

If it isn't hard, it isn't worth doing right?