GPS rookie question #3. What is this thing you call cache

In short, we hide little trinkets in Tupperware containers in various places. Then we publish the GPS coordinates (latitude & longitude) with clues on this Web site. You go looking for the "cache" of hidden items. If you find the cache, sign the log book and describe your hunt. You may take something from the container, but then you must also put something else back in its place. Or, you may simply chose to TNLN (take nothing and leave nothing) and simply sign the log book. Most people consider the find to be the reward.

Some caches contain very special items called travel bugs. These are specially tagged items that the owners have special instructions for (like "take me to Alaska"). If you ever find one, please treat them with the utmost respect and take it only if you can help it along on it's journey.

Read about them here:

Travel Bug Page

Hopefully you will find this type of hunting more preferable to the killing kind icon_biggrin.gif

I don't mean to criticize your choice of sports - in fact I view it is a good skill of survival. Still, if Bambi can live to play another day... icon_smile.gif