Changing the lawyer screen on a MeriPlat?

I have a Merigreen, but I thought the plat came with a 16 meg SD card installed.

I checked Magellan's website and found this.

"Magellan® Meridian® Platinum is the ultimate GPS receiver for the serious navigator, featuring a 3-axis electronic compass that provides rock steady readings regardless of how you hold the unit. A built-in barometer gives you advance notice on the weather, and an extensive, 16 MB, built-in mapping database shows your position to within 3 meters or better. Rugged, weather-proof design, large display, intuitive operation and nearly unlimited expandability make the Meridian Platinum an incomparable GPS receiver."

I thought the "16 MB built in mapping database" was a SD card, but I guess not. The SD card slot under the batteries must be empty.

If you need one, you can download and print the manual for your Meriplat from this

web page.

I did it for my Merigreen and it took about 80 pages, but it was worth it.

I have not changed my lawyer screen yet either, been trying to learn the essential things first.

Good Luck :rolleyes

I have flouted the wild, I have followed its lure, fearless. familar, alone; yet the wild must win, and a day will come when I shall be overthrown. By: Robert Service

No, the Meridians don't come with a memory card. I already have the CD manual that came with the unit, but was thinking it would be kinda cool to put your own info on the screen. As far as upgrading the software, the 3.12 version that came with it works just fine with me, I am old school and believe that if it aint broke, don't fix it....

I don't think the lawyer screen hack needs an SD card...it modifies the firmware stored in internal memory on the unit. Look in the FILES section of the Meridian yahoo group (groups.yahoo.com) for a program called MyMeridian. Very easy to use.

The link mentioned above was for another hack going around that modified one of the map disclaimers...that one would need a card.

homer.gif

"Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand."

quote:
Originally posted by Stunod:

The link mentioned above was for another hack going around that modified one of the map disclaimers...that one would need a card.

Creating a map uses a text config file, and some of the information shows up on the map copyright page(after the Magellan banner). The information can be changed in the config file before creating a map, which allows you to put your name, phone, etc. in place of the default notices.

The Meridians need an SD card to upload a map to, but the ST Map and Pro can also use this feature/hack.

don

Stunod, you are right, there is no SD Card necessary.

1-You have to download the MyMeridian program from the link below,i think it is not on the Yahoo files section.

http://www.navicache.com/freeware/MyMeridianA04.zip

This zipped file contains an extensive readme file how to proceed.

2- If you have the firmware Version 4.06, you have to modify the MyMeridian.ini file. It should should look like this:

EnglishTitle=WARNING!

English=All data is

EnglishAgree=PRESS ENTER TO AGREE

Best Regards, Ed