Garmin Gecko Daylight Savings

Is anyone having trouble with the Gecko (201

) updating daylight savings time? I had mine set to "auto", which apparently uses a program to automatically update the time. It did not change the time to one hour earlier. The only way to have the unit display the correct time is to set the daylight savings time function to "no". Is there anyway to have it set on "auto" and have the time update?

Thanks-

From what I can tell when you set it to auto it it uses a program to decide if DLS should be on or off. I can toggle at anytime and get the expected answer - at least for U.S. Pacific.

You might check your unit now. It might be a bit off in calculating the start/stop times of DLS.

I also have firmware 2.30. Garmin has come out with 3 changes since the original 2.0, but none that show any changes to time.

Take it outside and wait for a lock. Mine is Ok, I took it out today.

GPS signals are (among other things) time signals. the sats send out the current time to a very fine accuracy, and it's the delay between transmission and reception that tells the receiver how far the sat is from you. If there's one thing the unit should know it's what time it is.