Metroguide vs. City Select

The new version (5) of MetroGuide-USA will have the same maps as the newest release of City Select & City Navigator. The functional differences are that the new MG-USA will *not* support auto-routing on your GPS V although it will auto-route on your PC; and it only covers the US (no sections of Canada). OTOH, MG-USA has no unlock codes and can therefore be used with as many GPS receivers as you have (not just unlocked for 2), and is less expensive than a fully-unlocked CS.

The previous version (4.01) of MG-USA came from a different vendor (TeleAtlas) and was generally a little more dated and less detailed in major cities compared to CS, but a little better in some rural areas. It was also better in Alaska and Hawaii. Now MG-USA, CS, & CN all come from NavTech.

quote:
Originally posted by peter:

The new version (5) of MetroGuide-USA will have the same maps as the newest release of City Select & City Navigator. The functional differences are that the new MG-USA will *not* support auto-routing on your GPS V although it will auto-route on your PC; and it only covers the US (no sections of Canada). OTOH, MG-USA has no unlock codes and can therefore be used with as many GPS receivers as you have (not just unlocked for 2), and is less expensive than a fully-unlocked CS.

The previous version (4.01) of MG-USA came from a different vendor (TeleAtlas) and was generally a little more dated and less detailed in major cities compared to CS, but a little better in some rural areas. It was also better in Alaska and Hawaii. Now MG-USA, CS, & CN all come from NavTech.

I didn't think that City Select had any licensing regions with the newest software that had to be unlocked?

Firefishe

Flat_MiGeo_B88.gif

quote:
Originally posted by brasileiro:

From what I understand City Select is not as detailed in smaller cities as Metro Guide is. If I'm wrong I hope someone with more experoence will correct me.

The newer City Select is better in small towns. The old one was worthless. I'm pondering the upgrade since now I live in one of those small towns.

==============================

Wherever you go there you are.