Help with USAPhotoMap software

NWMOhunter

I'm hoping someone can help me with this question. I had installed a previous version of USAPhotoMap and had downloaded several aerial photos of areas. I now want to upgrade and have downloaded the newest version but I can't bring up the photos I've already downloaded. I had emailed JD Cox about this a couple of months ago and he just simply said, "Well, you should be able to bring them up."

Do you have to trasnfer the files? Which files do you transfer? In the new version I click on the link to open maps and the previous photos just don't come up on the list.

How do I get these already downloaded files up in the new version? Also, I've heard guys say that they save this data onto CD. How do I go about saving this to a CD where I can bring it up on another computer or later?

Inside the folder where USAPhotoMap is, their should be a folder called "USAPhotoMapsData"...copy the contents from your old folder into the new folder of the same name.

I think that should do it.

Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Did you happen to hit enter a few times when you first started? If you did the maps it is displaying are of Puerto Rico (I think). So you have to tell it again where you are.

I also find it easier to copy the contents of the new folder into the old one, and letting it replace every copy of the old data. This way I only have to transfer a small amount of data, where I would normally have to transfer large amounts of data.

Wyatt W.

The probability of someone watching you is directly proportional to the stupidity of your actions.

I'm sorry you had that problem. What I presumed everyone would do with new versions of USAPhotoMaps is un-zip it to the folder the current USAPhotoMaps is in (replace the old files with the new ones). Thus the map data files would still be in a folder below USAPhotoMaps.exe.

Your question about copying the map data to a CD is answered in Advanced Help (towards the end of it because it's slightly difficult and can't be expected to be accomplished by everyone).

Doug Cox

Alright, I'll claim stupidity on this one! I sent an email to Mr. Cox and after typing the message it made me realize what I had done wrong. I had a separate file with the upgrade in it. I moved it and everything works great.

Just for laughs I'll cut and paste the message:

"If you read your email to me (very carefully), you should see the solution. If you don't, then look at the end of this message for the answer (cheating).

Doug Cox

You wrote:

I'm having trouble with the upgrade to USAPhotoMaps. I have an older file

of the program where I have downloaded photos already and I am unable to

bring the new files up in the upgrade that I have downloaded. What I have

done is downloaded the upgrade and have it in a folder away from the older

version. When I open the upgrade the program does not recognize the files

that I have already downloaded.

Is there a way I can alleviate this problem or must I download the files all

over again?

Thanks,

Matt