Garmin V Firmware 2.07 available

The features according to Garmin:

Added MILS angle support to compass displays.

Added "Vertical Speed" units selection field to the "Units" setup tab page.

Corrected problem sorting and selecting the nearest user waypoint.

Improved the "Turn Review" page map processing to update the next turn quicker when turns are close together.

Changed distance displays where appropriate to never show fractional parts of feet or meters.

Corrected problem panning the map in portrait mode after route calculation.

Corrected problem that caused repeated or looping off route recalculations.

Made corrections to European language translations.

Garmin GPS V Firmware 2.07

quote:
Originally posted by Jolly B Good:

I was disappointed to see no mention of the fix for the page up/page down feature documented in the manual but which never worked.

I would love that feature, too. I looked in the manual to find what you were talking about, so I could try it, but I can't find it. Where is it? What buttons are supposed to do it?

Have you submitted a bug report?

Lil Devil lildevil.gif

I have had no problems, However, I am not a "power user" I have saved waypoints, done autorouting, loaded and saved waypoints/tracks to mapsource, and used the GPS on an airplane with good results since the upgrade. On road and off road goto's seemed to work fine. I sometimes still have trouble with the unit getting into an "offroute-recalculating" loop, but I have noticed this only happens when the Mapsource maps don't agree well with the actual roads (a few hundered feet off, enough that the unit keeps thinking it is on a side road rather than the main highway.)

You will have to ask someone else if the unit gives strange error messages when flying inverted in a 6 G maneuver at 450kts over the north pole on the summer solstice. (but only in a lavendar, mauve, and heliotrope colored aircraft) icon_biggrin.gif

I did notice that they seemed to have tweaked the "accuracy" figure when using WAAS. Before it always equalled the non-WAAS value after it settled down for a minute or two. Now (with good satellite geometry and signal) it consistently gives better numbers than non-WAAS . I see WAAS "accuracy" values of 7 and 8 feet all the time now, and when turning WAAS off, they jump to 12-15 feet.

I have had no problems, However, I am not a "power user" I have saved waypoints, done autorouting, loaded and saved waypoints/tracks to mapsource, and used the GPS on an airplane with good results since the upgrade. On road and off road goto's seemed to work fine. I sometimes still have trouble with the unit getting into an "offroute-recalculating" loop, but I have noticed this only happens when the Mapsource maps don't agree well with the actual roads (a few hundered feet off, enough that the unit keeps thinking it is on a side road rather than the main highway.)

You will have to ask someone else if the unit gives strange error messages when flying inverted in a 6 G maneuver at 450kts over the north pole on the summer solstice. (but only in a lavendar, mauve, and heliotrope colored aircraft) icon_biggrin.gif

I did notice that they seemed to have tweaked the "accuracy" figure when using WAAS. Before it always equalled the non-WAAS value after it settled down for a minute or two. Now (with good satellite geometry and signal) it consistently gives better numbers than non-WAAS . I see WAAS "accuracy" values of 7 and 8 feet all the time now, and when turning WAAS off, they jump to 12-15 feet.

quote:
Originally posted by Vertigo:

I'm about to make a trip and I wanted to make sure I wouldn't have any problems with updating to this version. I've been running 2.04 and it is solid.

I had troubles with 2.03 I think. how is 2.07?

Looks OK. I was also running 2.4, because 2.5 gave me all kinds of problems. I wanted to make sure all was OK with 2.7, as I plan on using it extensively next week when I head out of town for vacation. So I loaded it up, and went on a mini trip this past weekend.I really put it to the test, trying to get it to mess up, & it ran flawlessly. Looks good to me. icon_biggrin.gif

"Gimpy"

quote:
Originally posted by Vertigo:

I'm about to make a trip and I wanted to make sure I wouldn't have any problems with updating to this version. I've been running 2.04 and it is solid.

I had troubles with 2.03 I think. how is 2.07?

Looks OK. I was also running 2.4, because 2.5 gave me all kinds of problems. I wanted to make sure all was OK with 2.7, as I plan on using it extensively next week when I head out of town for vacation. So I loaded it up, and went on a mini trip this past weekend.I really put it to the test, trying to get it to mess up, & it ran flawlessly. Looks good to me. icon_biggrin.gif

"Gimpy"

I didn't notice this until the most recent update, but I keep my V on the "prompted" setting for automatic recalculation. I don't want it recalculating a 500 mile route every time I pull over to fill up the tank.

anyway, with my V on prompted, it automatically recalculates. So I put it on "OFF" and now it prompts me - most of the time. Occasionally it will just recalculate anyway. I've noticed it almost always recalculates automatically if it's JUST come up with a route and I'm not on it. If I've been following it for a while it prompts me. Also, if I get WAY off the route, even if I've said "NO" to the prompt it will recalculate.

Remember, during all this it's set to "OFF" which shouldn't recalculate OR prompt me.

Strange, but it doens't really affect the usability of the unit. I just don't like it recalculating on a tiny detour. Usually when it now prompts me and I say NO everything is cool, unless I get too far away.

Anyone else experienced this? I've only been using City Select 4.01 recently. Haven't tried MetroGuide or CS4 yet to see if it's a map issue.