Tracks to Routes Vista

thcri

Oh, I misunderstood your question. Now i get it. I think what you might be refferring to is after you have gone from point A to point B, you Save the track and then Track Back to follow the track back to you ooriginal point from B to A. You can subsequently Track Back from Beginning to End if you wish to redo the going from A to B.

Open up a Saved track and follow the menu for doing these things.

Another o[ption is after you get home. Display a savres track in Metroguide on your PC> Then trace a new Route over the track lines placing waypoints at the critical turns.

Hope this helped.

Good luck.

Alan

Alan,

Here is what I am trying to do. I have a Garmin Etrex Vista. I want to be able to save my Tracks on my PC. I am using EasyGPS and that software allows me to back up Waypoints and Routes, not Tracks. I have asked this question in various discussion groups and no one has been able to help me. I was told in this discussion group that I can convert my stored Tracks to Routes and then back them up. So that is why I am trying to figure out how to convert the Tracks to Routes. Hopes this helps you.

murph

Yea, I might be the one that told you that you can convert them to routes. Like I said, Ive dont is once ,, but forget. I MIGHT have used ExpertGPS and did it as a track , not a route. But, I swear, once I found a way to make it a route. I hope im not mistaken. Im like you, Id like to back them up on my PC. Sence you can only save 10.

BUT !!!!! I found a new FREE program that lets you do waypoints, routes, AND tracks.

Its called USAPhotoMaps.

http://dcox116.home.attbi.com/

It will overlay your track over a sat image or topo map. And it will let you save them. Hope that helps.

I use EasyGPS for managing my waypoints quickly and easily.

I use USAPhotoMaps for all my imaging and topo needs.

I use Garmin Mapsource Metroguide for all my streets and routes.

Also National Geographic Topo does that. You can transfer your tracks to NG Topo. THe you have 3 options of creating routes with a waypoint every ,ile, or waypoints equidistant from each other up to as many as you want or let Topo do it and it will select the best spots to create the route waypoints. Once you have the route, you can transfer it back to the GPS.

Alan

Ok I downloaded USAphotomaps and it is exactly what I want. One problem I have is I would like to print the map with the routes on it when done. I have an HP Designjet 450c and when I click on print it tells me to put in landscape mode which I do, then click print again and it comes back and says that I failed to click landscape. I want to print a large map about 24" x 36". Any ideas. I can print on 8 1/2 x 11 with no problems, just on the HP Plotter

murph