SD IO GPS Unit?

iryshe

Anyone know who is developing a GPS unit for SD IO? The new Audiovox Thera wireless phone with Pocket PC has a slot for an SD IO card, and I have read that there will be a GPS chip for it. I can't imagine fitting a GPS on such a small device, but bluetooth fits. I was considering this phone (especially when the eBook format is done for Geocaching) but want to make sure I can have a GPS that works with it. The synch cable is USB but I may be able to get a cable to connect to my Garmin V if I can't find an SD IO chip.

Jeremy Irish

Groundspeak - The Language of Location

quote:
Originally posted by Lapaglia:

I admit to being a gadget freak

But the blue tooth GPS by EMTAC is totaly cool icon_cool.gif. I needed an excuse to buy the new bluetooth 39xx series IPAQ and this is it. too bad they didnt list a price on the site.

Has anyone tried the new EMTAC Palm Tungten package at the palm store and Transplant Computing.?

It would cool to throw your GPS and blue tooth phone in your pack and then be able to search with the gps and down load directions from the web all from your Palm.