Mapsend Topo & National Geographic Topo

You may end up getting both.

I have a Garmin Vista.

I had to buy the Garmin Topo USA software to load maps into the Vista GPSr.

But for everything else I have been using the N.G. TOPO! software.

Uploading and downloading waypoints, routes,

and downloading my tracklogs and printing maps

are all done with N.G. TOPO!.

GoodLuck

JJW

I have a Sportrak Map and use both programs. You have to use Mapsend topo to download to your GPSr if it is capable of receiving downloads. I do not know if the yellow one is or not. NG Topo! has more detailed topographic information but can not download to GPSr. It can read route and waypoint info from your GPSr and display the information on it's maps. I'm glad I have both and would recommend both.

I use both and I would recommend MapTech over NG. I think the mapTech software is more open with fewer hidden "gotcha's" that you have to pay for like their Sync package. I also got five states in a package for $129.00. There is nothing out there except MapSend that will download MAPS into your GPS. All the good map programs will transfer waypoints routes and tracks.

There have been indications from Magellan that MapSend will have a new release in April that should have higher quality maps. I reather doubt they will be top of the line stuff, but you might want to wait a little while to see what the new package offers/costs.

Max

Often wrong but seldom in doubt