trackmaker

kdkk17

quote:
Originally posted by kdkk17:

How do i go about saving a little piece of track that ive zoomed in on and email it to someone else? Cant i take a sort of snapshot of the bit thats on my screen and save it? ...and then actually attach it to an email?

Well, you didn't bother to even let us know what type of GPS you own, so it's a bit of a stab in the dark.

Gee, I have a question, so I'll go to all trouble of getting on the Internet and posting it to a board, but I'll leave out any important information that may help someone answer my question! That'll sure make things easy!

If you have a Garmin, you can probably use G7ToWin. I think it even supports Mags now. You can download the track to G7ToWin. The track entries should have timestamps on them. Just delete the portions you don't want, and save the file. Your friend can use G7ToWin to upload the same track into their GPS, assuming it is supported by G7ToWin.

3608_1400.gif

quote:
Originally posted by kdkk17:

yes its a legend..

and he has an etex, so no uploading, just a pic on an email

I know this can be done using Street Atlas software, however it's going to display the entire track. You could download the track into G7ToWin, edit it as I mentioned above, then upload the edited track data back to your GPS. Then you could send the edited track data from your GPS to Street Atlas.

OR: If the image on your GPS display would be enough, G7ToWin also has a function that will take a snapshot of your display screen and save it as a bitmap image file.

3608_1400.gif

When I first saw this title I though that it would be a discussion of the GPS TrackMaker program. It turns out not to be directly, but it is one of the programs that can do what you desire. That is, load a track from the gpsr, edit, modify, manipulate it, save it, and upload it to a gpsr. Once you save to a file can be transferred to other computers and gsprs. It can also display tracks on loaded maps as well as deal with waypoints and routes.

I'm not lost!

I just don't know where I am.

this is very easy to do,

1. hit the print scrn button above the insert key that is above the delete key, above the arrow keys.....

2. go into paint and hit Ctrl v which will paste this into the program, you can then remove unwanted portions of the screen shot

3. now save in the format you would like,

4. attach to email and send