GeoBuddy-Windows waypoint tool

Guest TresOkies

quote:
Originally posted by TresOkies:

Is it "Name 2" with a space or "Name2" no spaces. I have it without spaces, but one of my users tells me it works.

Hmmm. I thought I tried it without the space and it didn't work but perhaps I was asleep! It does seem to work perfectly now as is so why not leave it!!!!

Thanks again!

------------------

MrCpu

mrcpu@myrealbox.com

Finds

Hides

quote:
Originally posted by TresOkies:

That's the goal. I need to know what NG Topo's input or import format is. Do you have any documentation describing it?

-E

NG Topo input/output wizard can use tab, comma, spaces or defined delimited text. Mapsource uses Tab but I couldn't seem to get one to feed into the other.

Alan

Guest TresOkies

quote:
Originally posted by mrgigabyte:

Is there any way to massage the tabbed text file MapSource outputs in Geobuddy, to create a route/waypoint file for import into MacGPS?

I have no children to offer, just more white powder! ;-)

This will be a GeoBuddy 2.0 feature. I've occasionally needed to deal with the output from MapSource as well and I end up using excel.

For those who are curious, MrG sent me a diskette in the mail in November. About the time the US mails were having so much fun with mysterious packages with powdery substances.

-E

------------------

N35°32.981 W98°34.631

Guest TresOkies

quote:
GNIS...

Noted. Thanks for the information. This will go into the 2.0 features list.

-E

------------------

N35°32.981 W98°34.631

[This message has been edited by TresOkies (edited 02 March 2002).]

I swore that GeoBuddy version 1.0.19.0 was going to be the last of the old source base. But, today I got some info on how to make waypoint symbols work in PCX5 files (i.e. MapSource import files). This has to be the single-most requested feature, so I decided to put it in. While I was at it, I fixed the bugs and minor features I had pending.

The new version is available at

http://www.geobuddy.com

New/fixed in GeoBuddy 1.0.20.0...

Added waypoint ID to MapSource waypoint output. Yes, this means you can have geocache icons when you import into MapSource.

Bug where I wasn't generating link correctly in .loc output.

Links in CSV files are now under 'Information', not 'Link'.

Changed order of CSV output after someone pointed out some things that made sense.

Added splash screen with cool logo with thanks to the artist in the about box.

If you'd like to receive emails notifying you about updates to GeoBuddy, send an email to

majordomo@www.geobuddy.com

with a message body containing the text

SUBSCRIBE notify

-E

--

N35°32.981 W98°34.631

13914_200.jpg