SporTrak Map Gliche

I recently bought a Spor Trak Map and have been pleased with it for the most part. About a week ago however it developed a gliche that right after it acquired the third satellite the satellites depicted on the satellite acquisition screen would disappear and a fix would never be established. I've tried resetting, but that is only a temporary fix and the problem soon presents itself again. Any help is greatly appreciated.

What version firmware do you have? when you turn on the unit the first screen at the bottom has the version no. The latest is v4.03, this was supposed to fix some earlier problems like yours. If you have an earlier version you can go to Magellan.com and download v4.30. Just click on support for Spor Trak Map and the download is there.

Hope this helps

tdjvolks.

I see that problem on my MeriPlat too. I'm beginning to think the Ephemeral data is probably being updated and refreshed. Sometimes it resets itself within a couple of minutes and othertimes, I find myself being impatient and power cycle receiver. Sometimes it helps (or so it seems) and sometimes it doesn't. I'm actually learning to be more patient and let it do its thing. If it doesn't acquire in 10-15 minutes, then I'll power cycle the GPSr.

Cheers!

TL